Lamest endings ever [SPOILERS]

X3M

After days of struggle to finish the game.
Hours wasted, just to find out how to finish that last mission.
You finally did it! You finished the game!
And NOW....

THE Ending Video you have longed for:

Urhm?..

LAME!!!

No really, that is my worst experience in finishing a game until now.
Seeing a Mastodon walking through some burning debris. He walks, he walks some more. Finally he, walks. Then he stops for you to see a flag. And those other things, they don't really add to the video. And the voice talking about you being the best hero ever. Noooo.
Not worth while my time.

Let's talk about the lamest endings of games that you have encountered.
In a very sarcastic way of course :D.
And if possible, a link to the YouTube fragment.

May the lamest win.

Oh man... let me tell you about a shooter game called "Chaser".

You start on a space station, wake up without memory, and are immediately seen as Public Enemy Number One by anyone you meet. Luckily for you, the space station gets attacked, and in the confusion, you manage to take an escape pod to earth before the space station is destroyed.

There, you find out you're apparently "John Chaser", a rather famous rebel leader on Mars. The plot more or less devolves into a copy of Total Recall at this point, but the game's still pretty nice, besides some glitchy jump puzzles where you sometimes get stuck in walls. Gameplay is incredibly varied, from classic shoot-your-way-through levels, to Half-Life like "activate switches to assemble/activate some contraption", to defending a truck in a hangar from an attack so you can use it to flee. I especially liked the sniper level.

So, you contact some smugglers to "Get yo ass to Mahs". You get opposed at every point, but manage to get there. Throughout the game, you get flashbacks of... army training, and once you get to Mars and see the real "enemy", you realize everyone in these flashbacks is wearing the uniforms of the Big Bad Corporation you're supposedly opposing. Oh hey, did I mention the plot ripped off Total Recall?

Well, anyway, you go on and do a mission for the rebels where you blow up the train of the Big Bad Corporation's boss. Said Big Bad Corporation decides it's time to take off the gloves, and starts mopping up the whole rebellion, you included. You regroup at the last hideout, fighting your way through scores of enemies. Standard FPS stuff there.

Now comes the odd stuff. Confronted with the Big Bad at the end, you don't get a boss battle. You get a nine minute exposition cutscene. Oh boy.

Turns out you're not the rebel leader John Chaser; you're a commando from the Big Bad Corporation who underwent plastic surgery to look like Chaser, and got his mind wiped so he'd believe it too. Big surprise there, yup. Total Recall all over again. Now, there's one small problem: that space station you escaped from at the start had your original memory, and your rebel friends kinda blew it up. Bummer.

And then, at the end, you get... shot dead by an enemy goon on command of the Big Bad Corporation Boss. And then the game ends.

Seriously. You get shot in the back, by a nameless goon, after 8 minutes of fricking exposition cutscene.

This game was great, but the ending was like "well, looks like we ran out of money to pour the rest of that story into actual gameplay!" Needless to say, it left me feeling seriously underwhelmed, especially after the gameplay got me to really like the game.

Well, I think the tag should be more than enough now. But thanks anyway. Totally forgot, for some it might be spoilers.

People simply can decide, not to click the video's. Right?

Anyway, that John Chaser stuff. Is the ending always the same? Or just a result of game play?

Perhaps they intended for a sequel. And it does take like, 99% of Total Recall :D.

A sequel? THEY SHOT YOU. DEAD. IN THE BACK. The bad guys win. That's hardly sequel material.

A "Chaser 2" would make no sense anyway, since the original Chaser turns out to have been dead since the start of the game, and now his plastic surgery "clone" is dead as well. So they kinda ran out of Chasers to make a sequel with.

And no, there's no other endings in Chaser. You don't even get control of that final "who do I shoot" decision. It's just, bam, 8 minute exposition + execution cutscene.

I've added a [spoilerS] tag to the title for obvious reasons. You can also use the [spoilers][/spoilers] tags to hide, well, spoilers.

The actual topic title should be plenty of warning... I mean come on, it's about GAME ENDINGS ???