"Making Mods?"

WesBennig

ok, so im trying to make a Fremen that can sacrifice itself to Shai Hullud, ie becomes the Big Worm. I gave an ADVFremen Saboteur = TRUE with a resource = BigWorm with Explosion type = Wormsign3. But, when it kills itself only the wormsign appears. i switced the resource and x.type round and i still only got the worm sign (though it was a lot shorter). do i need to create a new explosion type based on the big worm or should i make a non-buildable unit like the worm-rider?Please advise.

:DALRIGHT! I think i am FINALLY getting the hang of this ;D! Just a few more questions: Any ideas how i could make units which can only come from a Starport (Cant be built)? What are the max ViewRange and WormAttraction? What are the differences between ExplosionType, Resource, and ObjectLeftWhenGone. Is there a way to make an average unit deploy into another unit type? Concerning exceeding the 20ish-new-thing-limit, do i have to delete an unused building to get a new building and an unused unit to get a new unit, or will removing any one thing do the trick?  :-[sorry about the huge list of questions but i would forget them if i didnt input the questions as they came to me. Thanx.

'Size' is how much they cause a traffic jam and get in the way... the visible size doesn't actually change.

Starport unit:

Make Starportabale=True (ie as sonic tank), but give no Primary building requisite (like ATFactory in the case of the Sonic Tank).

"Concerning exceeding the 20ish-new-thing-limit"

Not sure... in theory, deleting any one entry for BOTH Artini.txt and Rules.txt should free up space for any other.

"Is there a way to make an average unit deploy into another unit type? "

No. That's in the XBF.

WormAttraction is how much the worms are attracted to the units - big, stomping devastators are a lot, Fremen are just 1.

I've made several new Fremen using the Wormrider Attributes, except now the Fremen that transforms into the BigWorm eventually shuts Emperor down, since i copied the B. Worm stats in rules and made it a Wormrider it just keeps coming up and down in the sand for the length of a worm ride. Any suggestions of how i can change this without  comletely altering the length of regular W. Rides?