About Combat Tank's names

Feda

Hey, I'm trying to have separate names for the Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos combat tanks but I didnt get any results yet. Anyone has any idea how to do that? In text.uib there is only one entry, Combat Tank, which reffers to the name of all 3 tanks. Perhaps adding entries for each one, but how to link it to the unit?

Some help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey, I'm trying to have separate names for the Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos combat tanks but I didnt get any results yet. Anyone has any idea how to do that? In text.uib there is only one entry, Combat Tank, which reffers to the name of all 3 tanks. Perhaps adding entries for each one, but how to link it to the unit?

Some help would be greatly appreciated :)

Well this portion of connecting names to units goes inside the dune2000.dat file..

Ask the guys who are hacking tht..

Well this portion of connecting names to units goes inside the dune2000.dat file..

Ask the guys who are hacking tht..

Not too sure of the details, but this is likely true. If you dig into the bin files with Tibed, you can see 3 different entries for the Combat Tank (H,O,A) one for each house. The game doesn't seem to do anything externally to differentiate outside if the bin files from what I can see, other then letting you specify which kind you want in a mis file.

• 1 month later...

the names of all three ctanks are linked to that one entry..

until we can modify links from the names to the unit data it's impossible..

I've been tryin this for ctank once but I had no results..

I'm no high level programmer but if there is a simple way to open dune2000.dat in IDA please do tell..

no one can modify much without knowledge about it..

last thing I did was to redirect. the files needed to run the game..

and change the tune tht plays while using multiplayer..