What about a terrain generator?

Feda

Just as the title says. That thing would be kinda useful since making a good terrain for dune2000 is a pain in the ass. Did anyone think about creating such a program? I think I remember something about it here but not sure. Anyway, would it be hard to implement?

• Upvote 1

Hey, do you speak about that?

lnol.jpg

For the people who are interesting i will create one Tutorial and post it on Youtube, i'm sorry for my english, i'm french :P

I made it by photoshop, but how you can see, the Yellow is...Crap xD (Mercenaries???)

I must fix that, and if you look correclty, you will can see that i replace the blue by the Brown (Smugglers :D)

And of course, works in the game ;)

OK I am not a programmer, but provided the small number of type of tiles/tiles used it would be a piece of cake. The main problem would be to create a map that would be playable and have nice variety. Of course that would still be useful as you could manually adjust it instead of starting from scratch.

But if someone gets into the trouble to do it he would better think of the future. OpenRA or a patch could allow for even more sprites than those in a single tileset and his program should make provision for it. We have to set some standards first. Eg: Are we going to use multiple tilesets of current size or a single tileset with more sprites?