Alaska Coal Mines

envelope

I always thought that Gwizz had a real imagination in his creations of scenarioes. And this Alaska Coal Mines is an enjoyable and playable one.

There are suggestions to keep a player informed of progress, and how to achieve them. Very helpfull.

At a suggestion of building a 2nd Coal Depot to help eliminate congestion, I did not realize previous, that there was a "menu" for "maintanence and building" amenities. I don't really know if the buildings are of any value to enhance passenger loads, but do know that the maintanence is essential for engine operations.

Well that was for the Alaska Coal Mines. NOW, the Alaska Coal Mines II is something for the "clear of mind". I did fairly well, until I had to pay $800 a year for return of operation. There is an "option" at the beginning to select a course of operation. I didn't believe that I had clicked on the "reduction" of engine prices, but that is something a player will have to decide.

I believe that a player will find the ACM a very interesting and challengeing scenario, but it will take a cleaver Tycoon to achieve a goal in the ACM II. But it is as interesting as the ACM.

Good Luck

Just to make a comment on the 2 Alaska Coal Mine scenarios. I don't find them in the RT2 Archives. These scenarios have a MP2 extension, but do not know from where I had downloaded them. If Gwizz doesn't have the originals, I can download them, to be posted in the Archives

Gwizz, maybe I have made too many maps, because I don't remember making Alaska Coal

mine.  Now I'll have to look for this map.  :blush:   :D

PS:    Please do post them here and THANKS FOR THE GOOD WORDS.

I normally zip (compress) a copy of each map in the RT2 map folder.  This make the map size smaller.  

If you don't have a zip program or one as part of your browser, copy the maps full size.

Copy each to your computer's desktop.

Next make a post here in the forum and as part of the post, search and (in turn) click each map from the desktop and attach the maps to your post. 

I will move the maps to the map pages later.

If you can Zip a map smaller,  doing that will help save space.  Otherwise leave the map copies the same size.

Copy the maps to your desktop.

Make a reply post and click on: (More Reply Options)   This is where you will attach the maps. 

If you click on my picture, you can send me a personal message.

That didn't work Gwizz. After clicking on the "option", all I get is a box which don't have either "paste or copy".

And I tried to click on your "picture", wrote an email, but it wouldn't "send" it.

I could send it to my "documents" and attach it to a "regular" e-mail, but I don't have your e-mail address anymore.

When I was intending to send some WNEs, which Terminal did not have, I checked on an option for which members probably download their creations, but did not get much of a result for me to use it.

Just don't have the 'smarts" for computer agendas.

Clicking "More Reply Options" should take you to a message window having an "Attach Files" facility below the text-entry box. If not, then you may need to enable more JavaScript. Are you using NoScript in Firefox? It allows you to enable JS, but only white-listed sites are actually granted power. Then you follow its directions to white-list trusted sites like dune2k.com

I am not very good at this "stuff" Gwizz,

I installeed Non Script, but looking at my notes, and being that I already have JavaScript, I did not see and notation for a "white list". So I typed it into the "search" There was a bunch of "stuff", but any of the Dune stuff, were for buying games.

There was an item listed on the right margin of "history" and clicked on Dune2.com, or something along that line, and/or I typed The Terminal Dune2.com, and I did get into the Map Archives, and then clicked on Forum.

The requirement was to "login", but then a red band appeared making notice that nonscript was blocked.

I arrowed back to previous pages, but could find no item of a menue to "unstrict" . Hence I gave up.

Oh, and without an actual "white list", I was not able to find a instruction to unstrict Dune2.

I run Firefox and it often refuses to load a page.  You should see a note that something is blocked by Firefox.  On my computer the bottom line of the headers is where this message pops up.  Just click to allow it to load.

I should update my Firefox.    It is raining Elephants and Camels at the moment. Might be a good time for me to do this.

Hawk has this map available on his site. You need to sign up before you are allowed to download there.

I just tried a play through of this map again, but couldn't get gold as my debt was too great to pay off in time.

I am pretty sure I got gold on a previous play through, second attempt, I think. Thanks for your effort on this map, Gwizz.

It's a good concept and a pleasant change from the connect a few cities scenarios that are so common.

Money is tight enough to great a good challenge on Expert, -25% revenue. Great effort! Let the trains roll on!

thanks Mag for the info, as even with Gwizz's directions and instructions, I have not been able to get the "items" or white list or instructions to permit me to be accepted for downloading scenarios. Just not my talent. Didn't remember these Coal Mine scenarios as coming form Hawk's website, as I have a few other scenarios of which I don't know their source either. Thanks again to both you and Gwizz.