dune 2000 music

THE AQIB

The music is actually there. There is a bug in the jukebox regarding last few songs (plays other songs than the name) so try to use those which work, such as hark battle atr gain etc. I did replace the dune music with C&C one once. It has to be the same name and .aud file.

• 6 months later...

It is (probably) not a bug. Intelligent Games/Westwood did it to avoid synchronisation errors over multiplayer. For example C&C95 had music disabled for multiplayer (like pre-1.06 dune 2000)

That was just because CD reading could make it desync. It's not an issue with hard disk installed music. My C&C95 patch re-enabled that without any problems. The only thing that did give problems was making it shuffle to a random theme at the start in multiplayer.

About that, umm never had a look for shuffle option but I think it's in the dat file. If it is in there, then you'll have to wait until someone that knows reverse engineering will help. If it's somewhere else it could be resolved faster.

Well, I had added a "shuffle start theme" option to get more variety in that (every C&C1 player has the start of "Act on Instinct" burned into their memory forever :P), but it turned out to be a bad idea to allow that option to work in online games.

Well, I had added a "shuffle start theme" option to get more variety in that (every C&C1 player has the start of "Act on Instinct" burned into their memory forever :P), but it turned out to be a bad idea to allow that option to work in online games.

It would be enough to force the game play other tracks as well instead of playing all the time Attack on Arrakis, but I think that setting is in dune2000.dat. Too bad you aren't interested in Dune 2000, your skills would have helped a lot :P

• 2 weeks later...