dune 2000 MMORPG

Nuclear_harvester

my silly question is, can we make multiplayer game for browser based on dune2000? units buldings controlled by players played on huge huge maps , to let get played by about 1000 players. , i was looking for something , i tried unity programming but its too hard for me. , so i had to cease. but still cant stop think about it

how it would work

you register on game site

login to game

select the map you play

you select your handicap options

you select house and map and map

then you get start

what do we get?

10000 credits

24 combat tanks 12missile tanks 10 troopers 10 light infantry 5 engineers 3 MCV

big piece to build your base.

each base would be separated from other with large piece of sand, so enemy force arrive at you throught 2 minutes of moving units ,

how it would work

you gain PVP kills by destroying bases and units of players., also there would be computer bases aswell.

what would be new? an PVP points, that u can exchange for carryal reinforcements for each player kill you gain some amount of points that are count in main statistics and other points go to your account. the one points u can expand others are for stats , if you collect eoungh points you will be able to call advanced reinforcements via carryal

lets say other words

you r base is level 1 , for killing PVE , your base will be attacked by random npc units that will spawn around, for killing each you gain experience points , after reaching specified amount of points you level up , higher level you are hiogher score on leaderboards make you "best" but higher player rank give more points if defeated / gain them if it defeat someone stronger than your/

pointing function

for killing player whole base depending on size from 50 points up to 200

for killing player units , depending of amount of destroyed from 25 to 150

for killling computer units - 2 points per one

for killing computer base depending on base size - frorm 25 points to 100

what if::

well if you get destroyed, you lose some points and you have tos tart over, dont cry when you lose base worth 500000 credits , if you get killed u dont lose account so u dont need register again

if you logout from game , your base stay online for 3minutes to give u chance reconnect and continue play

technically there wuld be limit of 1500 units and 1000 buldings for evry player

Actually, a Dune 2000 based MMORTS sounds quite workable, it's just that you need some skilled programmers to write a functional engine (extracting the graphics and sounds shouldn't be a problem).

I also like the idea of a Renegade mod - Red Alert: A Path Beyond is a nice example of this in the Red Alert universe. This time however, you'll need skilled 3D model designers and mappers.

Actually, a Dune 2000 based MMORTS sounds quite workable, it's just that you need some skilled programmers to write a functional engine (extracting the graphics and sounds shouldn't be a problem).

I also like the idea of a Renegade mod - Red Alert: A Path Beyond is a nice example of this in the Red Alert universe. This time however, you'll need skilled 3D model designers and mappers.

Yes, true. I heared about Battle for Dune: War of Assasins , which is an Emperor battle for dune mod. I know that its still WIP and they didnt update it for quite a while. Creating these mods is very hard, A Path Beyond required several years to come out. But APB is just awesome, they did a wonderful job!