[SP] Is it possible to form an alliance with the IX and Tilaxeu at the same time?

Kane Taylor

Hello all, I'm new to these forums. I infact registered to ask this one question as I've not been able to find a concise answer online.

I'm confident it may have been asked before, however I can't search for it on the forums as one of the keywords "IX" is two letters when the minimum required for a vBulletin search keyword is three characters. I'm sure the moderators would understand this as fair justification for a potential repeat topic and that I would not want to prowl through 50+ pages of threads.

In the single player (as Harkonnen and Ordos) At chapter two; the mentat will advise you off alliance possibilities with either the Tilaxeu Or the Ix. Or perhaps find a way to trade with both?

Well I've tried very hard to find a way to form an alliance with both and I can't seem to find any way of doing so.

On my latest game; I am Harkonnen and already hold an alliance with the Tilaxeu. (by defending them from the Freman) I have seen several territory sub missions that would grant me an alliance with the Ix without dragging me into conflict with the Tilaxeu but yet it still says "Tut-tut Commander, now our alliance with the Tilaxeu is doomed"

Is it even possible or is the mentat a lying pink lipped git?

Regards,

Kane

• 2 months later...

Ally with the IX first then look for a territory where the tilaxeu are being attack by fremen or sardaukar.

The tilaxeu will obviously know you betray them to help the IX but if you help the IX first then the tilaxeu will still thank you for helping them against the fremen or sardaukar.