MAPS EMERGENCY

aditya0401

hi ppl

ive downloaded and installed the coast to coast expansion

and downloaded some 10 maps or so and extracted each file as said.. .gmp in map folder and the pk4 type file in user extrsa... folder

but im not able to run or use any map, neither in scenario nor map builder.editer nor in sandbox

it just shows loading player database and hangs back to windows

please help im really excited abt trying out these maps

Has anyone downloaded a map from either the forum or the map pages and found that the map cound not be seen when you tried to open it for a game?

I had this happen to me with maps from the forum.  This problem may have nothing to do with the forum and be a problem with only my computer.

Thanks John.

I think the problem could be with my computer, although everything else seems to work fine on it.  If the site did have a problem, Jesse may have done some work on the site.  He is the expert in these matters.

Gwizz, I read on the other forum how you are downloading/installing your maps. You did not mention anywhere that you also had to unzip some of those files. I had to do it with your map. Perhaps you are doing it but you forgot to mention it?

JSS,  I didn't mention unzipping. I should have.

Jesse,  It looked like the hack on hawks site was timed at least a week earler to also hack a backup.  So your upgrade may have been timed perfectly to kill the hackers program if it was set up here as well.