Stock Splits.

I've been looking and haven't quite found the Answer yet...so I'll ask you guys...What causes a Stock Split?? and what decides the "Severity" of it, i.e., 2 for 1, 3 for 1, I once saw a 4 for 1....

It may just be that I'm not looking in the Right place for the Answer....but either way.....

I know they are great to have happen to you....but they always seem to happen to me at the Most in oppurtune times, and can get quite annoying.......Especially when you have to go from buying 30,000 stocks to gain a Majority share to having to buy 120,000.......

Superchief you have got me doubting myself.    ???  I think it splits 3 for 1 when its value is about $150k.  4 for 1 at $200k and so on.

If no trains arrive at any station in Dec. and say stock value is $102, it may not split 2 for 1 as the value may drop.  If it stock value is say $98 and trains are delivering cargo during Dec. the stock value will increase and cause a split.  You can stop the trains until the month passes.

>:(  To solve the Annoying stock split problem.  :P

To delay or stop a split: have you or your company sell some Dec. stock.  If you or your company buys stock in Dec. this will cause the stock to increase in value and possible cause a split, if its value was close to spliting anyway.

You know, I have never really calculated exactly when it split - I am mostly guessing.... :)

Usually when December rolls around I buy back stock then raise the dividend as high as it will go. IF, before the year ends more revenue comes in I quickly pause the game and repeat the first two steps.

It keeps the shareholders happy with you. This really helps when you are in unfavorable economic conditions...

Cool...

I figured it had something to do with price.....

I'll remember the Selling Stock strategy....I usually ramp the Divedend up in December for myself....

but I'll remember the rest.....

thanks...