Inserting a Station in a Training Routing

I would like to know whether there is a simple way to insert a train in an established train routing?

Here is a hypothetical example - 

I set up a routing that involves four or five stations. The first station is Baltimore.

I would like to set up a similar train with a similar routing, except for changing the initial station to New York.

I have learned that I should leave the original train as the selection and pick a new locomotive - this will provide the second train with exactly the same routing as the first.  However, if I try to delete Baltimore and add New York, then New York appears at the end of the list of stations.  I relaize that the effect is the same, but I would like to insert New York for Baltimore at the to of the station list in order to keep things more organized.

Is there a simple way that this can be done, other than deleteing all stations and starting all over to construct the routing of the second train?

Thanks in advance. ???

Yes.  This can be done.  Open the train route that you want to copy before you buy the new engine.  Buy the engine.  The list should be prepopulated with stations.  Goto the map and click on a station that you would like to add to the list.  Hold down the left mouse button and drag the station to the list.  By moving up and down on the list you can place the station wherever you like.  After you have placed your station, be sure to remove any unwanted stations from the list.

--Ray.

• 1 month later...

Just like MD said. If you view the train whos route you want to copy then select purchase Locomotive its route and consist will be identical to the last train you viewed. Then click on the station you want to add and hold the mouse button down while you drag it to the righht to add it to the route. As long as you hold the mouse button down you can drag the stop up or down the list. The insert station here icon will snap up and down to show you where it will be inserted. If you want to have the exact same rote and consist but have the train start at a different station simply left click the upper left corner of the station where you want the train to start so the next station icon is there.