How to beat Atreides?

SonicXP5

Atreides have best air thingy, so you always must have a lot of anti-air.

As Harks have some long-range units like missiles tank, they are great when coming minotaurus rush. One missile can take out one mino in one shot. And devas, they rock with mangooses. Is good send some gunships against coming minos, even there are mangooses with them, which can shot out gunships with guaided missiles, they will do damage in minos and devas will cope with mangooses. With Atreides first death hand should be put on factory, not (like with Ordos) on barrack, cos they have anti-air vehicles. When they haven`t them for some times, uoy can end gunships there and destroy with them inportant buildings.

I like Ix against Atreides. You can make projection of sonics.  

Against deployed kindjals is good use inkvine. Is quite effective put them in base but not near main defence group and when kindjals will deploy themselves near base, they can shot to them, its usually kill them fastest than moving units. When enemy will undeploy them becouse of inkvines (but its happen rarely with comp) you can move flamers there.

In campaign Atreides sometimes send quite big groups of infantry with minos. Minos take out with guns and you can send even three flame tanks to them and not let them go base.

IF your playing the computer you shouldn't have too much problems if you just build infantry, tanks, and inkvines

I think missle tanks are overrated, they get killed too easy, use missle troopers instead to combat air drones and ornothopters

Heavy tanks kill minotaurs easily if you get them close.  So if you have a group of heavy tanks and theres a group of minos you want to kill move your tanks right up to next to the minos before firing, then stop them and they will start firing.  THe closer the heavy tank is to the mino the more damage it does, and when heavy tanks get close to walking minos the mino gets confused and doesn't fire

OH you asked about subhouses

I don't think you can ally with the freemen, if you can then do cause fedaykin rock.  IF you can't then just ally with the sardaukar.  Also ally with the IX, there more fun than the thelaxiu.  Besides the thelaxiu turn into bad guys anyways.  Does the game even give you the chance to ally with the guild?? i don't think it does