Stop Hunger Now

Thanks for link, and for those who don't bother to check even that (because there are some of this type in our forums) here we go:

18044.jpg

At first glance it looks good. I just wonder what does that Programs include. OK to,be honest I won't bother either to check the details. BTW tax is 23% in Greece for most goods. Some food items are 13%. Besides that tax here we are talking about fund raising, which is money. I don't know how they will tax that, but be sure they will find a way to get as more as possible.

And how is this assistance distributed? Some countries do not allow direct distribution. It has to go through them, and you can guess where the majority of the items ends. For example recently in Sri Lanka quite a number of the relief supplies for displaced people (recent war) and possibly flood victims, was distributed not to those in need but to the families of the local distributors (army, government appointed authorities).

That is true, about some money from the top going towards expenses. Better the charity than the red tape and bureaucracy of the government.

And, of course, hopefully, if the food is going to an area where there are warlords...hopefully they will let the foodstuffs and other items go through.