Trouble with the new DUNE movie from Paramount Pictures.

jasonspaz

A movie about the Machine Crusade novel? rofl-lol.gif

No, what they should do is a brand new movie about the original Dune. That's what most of us Dune fans want. But we all know that's an extremely hard thing to do. You need a really big budget, and you have to make a movie on it's own right, not just an adaptation of the book like Lynch did. And you can't make Dune a 2 hours movie, i think they should make a trilogy of movies based on the original book. I kind of wish Nolan would make the movie, after watching Inception i pretty much became a fan of him.

I'm confident the new Dune movie will be made in less than 10 years from now, but it's gonna be in development hell for a while.

I don't know why they don't make a new RTS strategy Dune game though. It could be a hit game, what the hell are they waiting for?

A market. As popular as it was in its own community, Emperor wasn't a big seller as far as I recall. With the fall of Westwood and the failure of every game since 2001 to take off the ground, I imagine most developers would see it as risky business.

Personally I could see a whole sequence of movies being made from all seven books. With the possible exception of God Emperor, which I don't see going down well with today's audiences, they all have room for a movie in them. It's ridiculously unlikely of course (how many movie series have more than three entries? Very few), but a nice thought. Though the lack of an ending to the series would be a bit of a sticking point. They'd have to write a new one.

Yes, write a new one. Because there is currently no real ending to the Dune series. None.

A market. As popular as it was in its own community, Emperor wasn't a big seller as far as I recall. With the fall of Westwood and the failure of every game since 2001 to take off the ground, I imagine most developers would see it as risky business.

Personally I could see a whole sequence of movies being made from all seven books. With the possible exception of God Emperor, which I don't see going down well with today's audiences, they all have room for a movie in them. It's ridiculously unlikely of course (how many movie series have more than three entries? Very few), but a nice thought. Though the lack of an ending to the series would be a bit of a sticking point. They'd have to write a new one.

Yes, write a new one. Because there is currently no real ending to the Dune series. None.

Yeah, i'd wish Brian and Anderson finish the series already, but with a real ending. Not some excuse to write 3 prequels from that ending and start all over again...

The best "ending" is that of the original Dune, although it's not a real ending. And if you don't like that your favourites characters die, you can pretend that the sequels never happened.