Sequel for Emperor Battle For Dune

Y2J

I would be interested to see what planet Arrakis would be like if House Ix had taken over Arrakis.  Would probably end up looking like another death star.  Are even their palaces totally robotic?  And worms that are as big or bigger than the original ones, only robotic ones.  I myself don't know I don't read the books, I only played the Dune games.

I heard there will be a Dune: From the Ashes.  Is that going to be the name of the sequel?

Also additional patches would be great if there were a few corners cut.  I enjoyed Emperor Battle for Dune, but they seemed to have a few cut corners especially with the voices.  The mercenary quads and trikes, the Ixian Convoys had no voices.  And the "Unit Lost" gets very annoying after a while.  That's when I even lose 1 unit.  Other than that the only unrealistic thing is where a missile hits somebody, not being very effective but they probably had to do that in order to balance out the game.

-The only other flaw I could think of is that the Freemen were not free, I had to pay for these "Free-men"!

-I like how House Harkonnen had their gunships too, shows even their Aircraft is powerful too, unlike in Dune 2.  And also how there's other planets too besides the desert planet.  How about a dessert planet?  The Thlailaxu could grow a dessert planet.  They could be an ecologist house who've gone corrupt in Emperor Battle for Dune.  In that game they were a lot more evil than the Harkonnen.

-Another thing would be good to have is salvage teams.

What would also be interesting is a movie clip about the planet being terraformed according to which house was chosen.

-Are the IX  like the Grox from the game 'Spore'?  They're the race that hates things that are organic, and want everything to be all machines.  They were a good house in 'Emperor', like the house Atraides.

-Oh!  These killer droids that fly around that were in the movie.  Also some larger ones too.

-For each house, different methods of construction of buildings, energy sources, and harvesting spice.

• Upvote 1

I myself don't know I don't read the books, I only played the Dune games.

I suggest you give the original books a try :) Many people were introduced to the Duniverse through the games.

No official patch or add-on is going to be published, you can try various mods that exist, or even create your own one ;) Check out the Dune Editing section of this forum. There's also a third-party Dune-themed RTS project in development called Dune: War of the Spice, which is going to follow Emperor in terms of style and game play.