Interview with the Director of the NEW version of DUNE the movie.

jasonspaz

nampigai, what the hell are you talking about! lol

This is a new director. Back in 2008 I posted (in here) the  news  from Paramount, that a Peter Berg was due to direct the new Dune movie.

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=20522.0

Apparently he was booted and replaced with the new director Pierre Morel. Yeah he claims he is a fan and he does bring up some ponts that even the die hard fans agree with. At least in the end we may get a new Dune RTS game out of the new movie

nampigai, what the hell are you talking about! lol

This is a new director. Back in 2008 I posted (in here) the  news  from Paramount, that a Peter Berg was due to direct the new Dune movie.

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=20522.0

Apparently he was booted and replaced with the new director Pierre Morel. Yeah he claims he is a fan and he does bring up some ponts that even the die hard fans agree with. At least in the end we may get a new Dune RTS game out of the new movie

I'd prefer no more movies were made to be honest.

Don't know, the guy discusses visage and clothes too much...when I read Dune again  :)  last year, I thought about many aspects of the story omitted in both filmed versions (long-lasting enmity of Atreides and Harkonnens, Jessica's role in making Paul the Fremen leader etc) and also of many interpretations or analogies with current geopolitics, which could be exploited (ever present ecology theme, Afghan war, Obama's popularity etc). It holds more dilemmas than whether the sardaukars should wear gray or black uniforms.

Agreed Namp... It has been attempted so many times already. It does not need to be attempted again. It would be a waste of money for any large production company. If a new dune flick was done right, it could have possibilities in success, but I dont see this happening.