New Game

Gruntlord6

Hi, Im gruntlord6. You may know me from the forums here. I have been following along with d2k modding for about two years, In the last few months, MVI has been working on the .MIS files, as well as some other aspects of dune 2000 modding, and I have been testing these myself.

However MVI has his hands full with the .MIS editor, and as such I need the help of you guys on the mod I am Planning. I plan to replace all of the maps and missions to create a stand alone expansion pack to the campaign where you play as the Mercenaries. I need people to work on the following to complete the project:

-.uil editor (By that I mean someone who can code a .uil editor, or make the changes for me manually)

-A map designer who can work reasonably well  with shai-halud

-Testers, to test changes on various systems and play them out for errors and to see if the gameplay works well and is enjoyable for everyone.

MVI has already done some work with .uil and he says it is very easy and almost anyone can do it, he is just a bit pressed at the moment with the .MIS editor and his job. If you needed a bit of help understanding the file format he is always glad to help.

I need a map designer because I am very bad at designing maps, and I would be busy with other aspects of the project .

Testers are needed with any game or mod, to ensure compatibility with multiple game versions and computers.

Any breakthroughs in the games code and any programs developed for the project will be released alongside MVI`s .MIS editor as a kit so that others may create their own campaigns easily and efficiently. If this game works out well I will release more for other factions.

Perhaps you can mail/PM me the instructions and program?

its not going to be done until I can edit the menus ai and maps. I can edit the maps, but alas im not very good and Im waiting for a new map editor. MVI is making great strides with .mis so it wont be too long before im using his editors final version to make the missions. Menu editor is also coming along nicely, but its not entirely nessesary until release anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe dune2000 : rebirth of atreides :P

oh yeah it could be good if  each house has different campagin . other and different objectves to complete more tasks

i.e its boring to protect  outpost in one of harkonnen mission and then you need kill ordos.  how about add  an ally ai base and  put objective in it to protect it aswell?

maybe dune2000 : rebirth of atreides :P

oh yeah it could be good if  each house has different campagin . other and different objectves to complete more tasks

i.e its boring to protect  outpost in one of harkonnen mission and then you need kill ordos.  how about add  an ally ai base and  put objective in it to protect it aswell?

its a new house, no old content other then units is being used, except a few audio tracks.