Moses

The bible seems to depict him as some kind of holy, and rather good person (at least, that's what I remember him being depicted as), yet - according to a documentary - he went around raping and pillaging villages with his army as soon as he and his bunch escaped from Egypt, when one of his generals (?) refused to kill all the woman and children (From Wikipedia: "The Israelites fight with Og's forces at Edrei, on the southern border of Bashan, where the Israelites are victorious and slay every man, woman, and child of his cities and take the spoil for their bounty") as Moses ordered, Moses made sure that they were killed (in ways that I cannot remember); the rest of the Wikipedia article on him doesn't exactly make him out as a very good person either, I mean come on:

"The Tribe of Reuben, led by Korah, Dathan, Abiram, and two hundred fifty Israelite princes accused Moses and Aaron of raising themselves over the rest of the people. Moses told them to come the next morning with a censer for every man. Dathan and Abiram refused to come when summoned by Moses. Moses went to the place of Dathan and Abiram's tents. <b>After Moses spoke the ground opened up and engulfed Dathan and Abiram's tents, after which it closed again. Fire consumed the two hundred fifty men with the censers.</b> Moses had the censers taken and made into plates to cover the altar. The following day, the Israelites came and accused Moses and Aaron of having killed his fellow Israelites. <b>The people were struck with a plague that killed fourteen thousand seven hundred persons</b>, and was only ended when Aaron went with his censer into the midst of the people." I could mention more horrific things he's done, but it's a pretty long list.

Moses seemed like a pretty horrible murderous person according to Wikipedia.

When I think of what Moses would say, I think: "All shall love me in despair! moses.jpg".

Well the fact is that there is little to no evidence of moses or the Israelites migrating they way that they were depicted in the Bible. More likely it is a bit of propaganda to show people the power of the chosen people and their God.

Moses is an "Old Testament" person; the morality of OT is not the same of the NT, since it was "primitive", so some things that seem bad now, weren't considered bad then. The Law was fulfilled by Jesus.

So no, fundamentalists should not execute homosexuals per the Leviticus :D

Are you that person that is obsessed with Kirby that made a bunch of posts awhile ago on the General forum???

Moses was a leader of a semi-nomadic nation. This nation uprooted other tribes and city-states in order to create a permanent settlements. If you believe what is said in the old testament, then you will hear that the nations encountered were "godless" and "evil" and had to be wiped out from the face of the earth.

Many folks throughout the modern age call people like Moses, Joshua, Caleb, David, Solomon and other israelite Lords murderers who committed no less than absolute genocide. It really depends on what you choose to believe. These practices were not uncommon in those ancient ages. Nations supplanted nations for larger claims of land of wealth. Sometimes even women and children were killed to completely eradicate the society itself, so that nothign even of the former civilization could return to uproot the conquering peoples.

I have a question Moses kills his accusers and I guess 250 witness, what happened to Korah?

I don't actually know who that is, but there's a good chance he was murdered by Moses.

Are you that person that is obsessed with Kirby that made a bunch of posts awhile ago on the General forum???

Well, I'm not obsessed with Kirby, so I guess not, also, I don't remember making a lot of posts on the general board recently, regardless, I'm like the only person on this board with a noticeable like for Kirby, so maybe I am "that person".

Moses was a leader of a semi-nomadic nation. This nation uprooted other tribes and city-states in order to create a permanent settlements. If you believe what is said in the old testament, then you will hear that the nations encountered were "godless" and "evil" and had to be wiped out from the face of the earth.

Yet he made sure of the death of even the children, who I'm rather sure are supposed to be considered innocent, not evil.

Many folks throughout the modern age call people like Moses, Joshua, Caleb, David, Solomon and other israelite Lords murderers who committed no less than absolute genocide. It really depends on what you choose to believe.

They (or just Moses?) committed genocide no matter what you believe (unless of course you don't believe Moses ever existed (or if the religious account is true)).