Zeitgeist Addendum

veK

I don't know if this has been posted before (didn't get any search results though) but I wanted to post this here.

This is a "movie" (more like a documentary) which is worth watching. Either because it will give you new perceptions about some things or because it will confirm some of your thoughts and opinions or just because there's lots of content in it that qualifies for different, maybe controversial, discussions in these forums.

Please note that there are 2 movies available and while you obviously can watch both I recommend watching the second one (Zeitgeist Addendum, like the thread title) first because it's more focussed and has more sources for the presented facts. You can watch it for free, just follow the link to google videos (quality is alright) from the main website:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

(You keep wondering what it is about? Just watch it! But if a lack of information about the movie is keeping you from watching it, check the wikipedia description about the different parts of the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist,_the_Movie#Sequel:_Zeitgeist:_Addendum )

I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts about this.

From what I understand, the first Zeitgeist was a movie all about conspiracy theories.

Well, kind of. The first movie has three parts: In the first part the makers give their view on religion, and their arguments why religion sucks so to say.

The second part is about 9/11, ans indeed here starts the conspiracy theory part.

Part 3 is about the flaws of our current economic system, putting it indeed on some kind of conspiracy.

If I remember correctly, the first movie cites only little, if any, sources to back up it's claims. I should watch it again some time to be certain.

Like veK said, the second movie is more interesting. It's focusing on the flaws of the monetary system, and give their view on a better system.

Both are worth watching, if you're interested and have some spare time.

The second part is about 9/11, ans indeed here starts the conspiracy theory part.

Part 3 is about the flaws of our current economic system, putting it indeed on some kind of conspiracy.

If I remember correctly, the first movie cites only little, if any, sources to back up it's claims. I should watch it again some time to be certain.

This is why I don't think I want to watch it. I'm an economist, and I hate all these conspiracy theories born out of sheer ignorance about economic facts. It's enough that we have many stupid theories promoted by economists; we really don't need a whole new level of even more stupid theories promoted by conspiracy nuts.

If I watched the movies, I bet I would feel the urge to write a long rant refuting their claims, and that might take a lot of time. :) So I'll stay away until I have enough free time on my hands.