The Decline and Fall of Western Civilization

The World Dictatorship:

G.A.T.S. (wikipedia)

The GATS document has been criticized for tending to substitute the authority of national legislation and judiciary with that of a GATS Disputes Panel conducting closed hearings. WTO member-government spokespersons are obliged to dismiss such criticism because of prior commitment to perceived benefits of prevailing commercial principles of competition and 'liberalisation'.

While national governments have an option to exclude any specific service from liberalisation under the GATS, they are also under international pressure, from business interests, to refrain from so excluding any service "provided on a commercial basis". However, important public utilities including water and electricity supply most commonly involve purchase by consumers and are thus demonstrably "provided on a commercial basis". The same may be said of many health and education services which are sought to be 'exported' by some countries as profitable industries.[2]

This definition makes virtually any public service "provided on a commercial basis" except for certain areas as police, the military, justice system and public administration. Over a long time perspective, this could open up for the privatisation or marketisation of large parts, and possibly all, of what today are considered public services currently available for the whole population of a country as a social entitlement, paid for out of general taxation, to be restructured, marketised, contracted out to for-profit providers, and eventually fully privatised and only available to those who can pay for them. This process is currently far advanced in most countries, usually without properly informing or consulting the public as to whether or not this is what they want.

• 2 weeks later...

International News (Part A') (Greek with images and links in English)

-

Fighting during a talk of the minister of health of Greece. Paints and eggs thrown. The dictatorship accused ΣΥΡΙΖΑ (left party) as behind the trouble = The well known propaganda to find a scapegoat and pretend that everything is nice and normal in the country. The 'theater' continued in the evening news of MEGA channel. But the public hospitals either stopping accepting patients or lacking even the basics (alcohol, betadine, gloves, cotton) are PROOF of the BANKRUPTCY.

NOTE: For any of our friends wishing to travel to Greece for vacations make sure you have a health insurance that covers expenses in private hospitals or at least travel with a friend who can buy for you what may be needed in case you need to be hospitalized. Don't expect from the hospital to provide you anything, even if you pay.

I find this to be very relevant post about derivatives. The UNited States foreign policy, sadly, has become dictated by who owns what amount of Treasury Bonds. China is given a free pass to treat their citizens horribly, because they own trillions of dollars of Treasury Notes. With Libya and Egypt it is bombs away, probably, because they don't own any T-Bonds or T-Bills, and hold little sway with the USA's foreign policy.

Since I linked to the first part:

International News (Part B') (Greek with images and 1 link in English)

So for those protesting that I post in Greek, and are lazy to go through the long article to get it, here is the English link included:

France to ditch NATO, embrace Russia if National Front comes to power

In brief that is the norm for European fascist parties. Common sense calls for ditching NATO, but to embrace Russia? I guess that Russia's totalitarian ruler is their ideal.

Since I linked to the first part:

International News (Part B') (Greek with images and 1 link in English)

So for those protesting that I post in Greek, and are lazy to go through the long article to get it, here is the English link included:

France to ditch NATO, embrace Russia if National Front comes to power

In brief that is the norm for European fascist parties. Common sense calls for ditching NATO, but to embrace Russia? I guess that Russia's totalitarian ruler is their ideal.

Wow. That is really a big deal if she pulls France out of NATO. Seems weird that her Election cold cause something as major as that to happen. Too bad she couldn't view France as being a part of both.