DTS 96/24 on a computer

I've been trying to play the Genesis 1970-1975 DVD in DTS 96/24. However, when I play the album on the DVD, no sound is heard. When the audio setting is set to Dolby Digital, I can hear the music.

How can I get it to play DTS 96/24? Any good codecs to be used? A friend of mine is able to play it on Windows Media Player so how can I get WMP to work it too?

So I presume you are trying to play it on your computer? And this is a video/audio dvd? The part of the dvd you want to play now is just an audio section? (basically on dvd menu go to section that has a "listen to music" or "listen to album"?)

Have you tried VLC media player? It has lots of options.

For those like me who have no idea what dts is look here

My bad. Yes, I'm trying to play it on the computer. The soundcard is Realtek High Definition Audio, part of the laptop. It has some Dolby Digital 5.1 settings that can be enabled, but nothing about DTS apparently.

It's DVD video, even though it's really a music album.

Edit: Using the DTS 96/24 sound on my DVD player (non-computer) results in no sound, even though the DVD player is supposed to be able to play DTS. If I'm not wrong, I should still hear sound, only with a slightly lower quality than that provided by 96/24 as DTS 96/24 is supposed to be backwards compatible. What's wrong?