Speaker Hookup

It is possible. I know my friend had old large speakers hooked up to a computer and other stuff (cd player, cassette, those big record player). The speaker wires would have to be hooked up to a stereo box (I forget what it would be called), with the a audio cable going from the box to the computer.

Thus the computer output would go from computer->converter type box->speakers.

Your speakers have wires that you have to screw into place? (literally wire at the end which you could cut to shorten or get new wire if part at end is worn out?)

Or it is similar to smaller computer speakers that have the audio jack to plug directly into computer?

Search google, it has lots of info. here is my search.

First link - How to Hook Up Stereo Speakers to a Computer

Also what audio card do you have? Any info on the stereo speakers?

"you'll need a male 3.5-inch to female RCA cable if the computer port is 3.5 and the speaker has RCA plugs." Seems like thats what I need.

My card is a Sound Blaster X-fi audio.

Also the speakers I want to hook up normally hook up into the receiver via the two wires for each one then it clips tight.

I'd say your speakers have banana inputs or screws to connect bare audio-cable. Next to that full size / normal speakers usually aren't amplified. Speakers you hook up to your computers usually are active speakers. Meaning they have their own amplifier. Speakers you have on a stereo set usually are passive. meaning you can hook them up, the sound is gonna be very dim though.