Help??

Gruntlord6

I want to know if it is possible to make a custom single player in dune 2000. Also, my shai halud works, but will not show me what i am putting on the map, i can only tell from the mini map but i want to place tilesets and they just show up as lines. Any help?huh.png

Skirmish? never heard of it. But there is a mod on this site that changes single player if i read it right, i think it was called aftermath????Also, my shai halud works, but will not show me what i am putting on the map, i can only tell from the mini map but i want to place tilesets and they just show up as lines. Any help?

sorry, no luck, i think the problem is my copy of the game is a download and the tilesets might not be any good(sometimes i see the graphic for one tileset in practice when i should see another)I have a real copy, but it got scratched and no longer works.

Anyway this site says after math changes single player, so is there a program that does this?

Oh, my shai-hulud works too! Just ask my girlfriend 8)

Sorry, been resisting the urge to post that for days now ;D

come on, read that my shai halud has an error, DO NOT SPAM THIS FORUM. Dune 2000 has enough problems without spam.

No need to get angry at light-hearted comments, either. Dune Editing is hardly overcome with offtopic posts.

Also, welcome to Fed2k.

Tibed in theory changes singleplayer... Dune 2000 is diabolically hard to mod. The only thing I can think of suggesting for Shai Hulud is setting your display to run in 65536 colours (16-bit).

• 1 month later...

Back in the day I used to play around making maps for Dune 2000 with the old S/H map editor and when I upgraded to XP the tile sets looked like the lines you are talking about. I think it was a problem between XP and S/H. I could never figure out how to get the graphics to work. However I don't claim to know anything about programming or the processes involved in correcting this problem - as I'm sure this post, undoubtedly, clearly shows. I apologize too, if this has been discussed in the forum already, and I'm bringing up old news like it's new. It's just I was playing around with some Dune 200 trying to activate the maps from the download section here. (still haven't figured that out yet). :P

• 2 months later...

Back in the day I used to play around making maps for Dune 2000 with the old S/H map editor and when I upgraded to XP the tile sets looked like the lines you are talking about. I think it was a problem between XP and S/H. I could never figure out how to get the graphics to work. However I don't claim to know anything about programming or the processes involved in correcting this problem - as I'm sure this post, undoubtedly, clearly shows. I apologize too, if this has been discussed in the forum already, and I'm bringing up old news like it's new. It's just I was playing around with some Dune 200 trying to activate the maps from the download section here. (still haven't figured that out yet). :P

well i got a dune 2000 craving, checked this site, and found my old topic, i guess this site lacks activity. any way, you are probbly right.

i tried using shai halud on vista, and got the same problem.

but now i have a newer problem, i cannot get dune to install on vista! the installshield loads to 100% then closes!

• 2 weeks later...

ok sorry if this may seem as a neusence, but i didnt really read all of the posts. If you haven't already figured out the problem for your Shai-Hulud map editor, my Shai-Hulud did the exact thing. Here's what I did:

i went in the folder for Dune 2000, found the map tiles in full color and graphics as seen in the game and copied them

then pasted them in the Shai-Hulud folder replacing the lined images and everything worked just fine

again, sorry if this post is annoying but hopefully it helps

ok sorry if this may seem as a neusence, but i didnt really read all of the posts. If you haven't already figured out the problem for your Shai-Hulud map editor, my Shai-Hulud did the exact thing. Here's what I did:

i went in the folder for Dune 2000, found the map tiles in full color and graphics as seen in the game and copied them

then pasted them in the Shai-Hulud folder replacing the lined images and everything worked just fine

again, sorry if this post is annoying but hopefully it helps

really? i was thinking of that, but i didnt think it would work, but ill try. if this works, ill let you see my campagin missions im making before release.

Edit: i cant find them , can you upload the folder?