hangs during boot

my pc has a problem. when the screen is displaying the memory test, the pc hangs up...

dunno what happened to it. all i remember is that i managed to play a few games then noticed that my PC's other ram wasnt detected, so i turned it off, reconnected the ram then turned it on again.

at first windows didn't load, no loading screen, just black. a dark void in my screen.

then i reconnected the two chocolate bars again then turned on the pc... he gets a heart attack at the memory test

just like courage the cowardly dog:

"what do i do, what do i do?"

You could try a linux live cd and do a memtest to see if memory is corrupt/broken (assuming you can download/burn a cd somewheres).

What exactly is this memory test you are talking about? Is it when the BIOS is booting before windows starts?

You could try only having one ram stick plugged in at a time. If one works and the other does not, then it could be bad ram with the one that does not work.

(example, put one ramstick in, turn on computer, see if it works. Then replace the ram with the other one and see if the other one works).

Remember to unplug your computer before removing/adding any ram.

So with the good ram only installed, the computer should boot fine? Or is it still hanging with just the one ram stick installed? (I'm not sure if you mean it is hanging with the bad ram, or if hanging with only good ram installed)

it is hanging with the good ram installed... the pc cant detect the bad ram no matter what slot i stick him in or how hard i push him. installing both rams will only result in hanging as well..

i also tried reconnecting everything removable on my pc. so far, nothing new has happened