Girl dies when parents pray...

Perhaps the parents saw taking the children for medical care as an admission of having no faith? Why go for medical care if you REALLY believe God will save you? Of course, this would be a foolish mis-interpretation of the bible as indicated by act in which Jesus is tempted by the Devil as provided by some one earlier... but just to make an attempt at understanding these people.

The following line of discussion may be a bit digressive but since this scenario is so clear cut...

Edrico, about you're joke/ ''moral of the story'' story about the stranded priest. What if nothing came for him and all he prayed for was water to stay alive on the island, or even just a quick death rather than a horrible death from dehydration. I suspect many times this is the case. Obviously not here though.

Eg: Many cases where the extremely devout, faithful and generally moral (as defined by the christian bible) take their children for the finest medical care and prey with all their heart only to see their children suffer and die regardless.

Of course there are many POSSIBLE reasons for this, some are a bit reasonable while some are of the silly soothsayer type. Eg: Well, they seemed faithful but actuallay they weren't and only God knew this and thus ignored their pleas.

Frankly (and personally, I suppose) though, for an agnostic such as myself, I consider the possiblity that they died because praying makes no difference because their is no (benevolent, at least) God to the possibility that it was ''their time'' or that it's part of their test of faith and obviously the former seems far more believable to me.