Zensunni migration

Emperor Harkonnen

Its been awhile since I have read any of the novels, but if I remember right the Zensunni religion was largely birthed into being by the teachings of Meometh (correct spelling?) the so-called "third mohammed". It's center of origin was Old Terra and the devotees wondered from planet to planet for thousands of years to try and find a permanent home that they could call their own. They were always pushed out of their former homes by folks who had political/military control of the planets that they squatted on. I am not sure if there were any kinds of murderous pogroms involved in these forced moves though.

Well if there were any pogroms, the zensunni must have been responsible for them themselves you don't just murder someone without a reason  ???  sorry, I guess that one was a bit over the line  :P

Anyway, so some of these Zensunni setteled on Tleilax, and some setteled on Dune.. where there more planets?

• 1 month later...

Old Earth for ultimate origins, of course. Here's a list of the stops:

1. Poritrin is where THEY thought they came from.

(2. Salusa Secundus - in the DE article, but not originals)

3. Bela Tegeuse

4. Rossak

5? Harmonthep is described as their sixth stop in the "Terminology" in Dune. Go figure. (Something happened to the planet. Boom boom, byebye? It was in the same system as Caladan, which is probably why there are still Zensunni there.)

(6. Ishia - mentioned only in the DE)

7. Arrakis

It's not an exact science. ;)

(Oh, and people murder people every day for very little reason. Often the only crime of victims of pogroms is...existing. Lovely little world we've made. :( )

(Oh, and people murder people every day for very little reason. Often the only crime of victims of pogroms is...existing. Lovely little world we've made. :( )

True :(

Well if there were any pogroms, the zensunni must have been responsible for them themselves you don't just murder someone without a reason

The only reason of real-life Jewish pogroms in Russia was mere chauvinism directed at the Jewish minorities.