My dune2k hamachi network (Working smoothly!)

Garrett

Hi, I formed a new network since i couldn't find any existing ones. So if you have hamachi configured (my version is 1.0.1.5; the same i play red alert 2 with), join there and we'll test if it works.

Network name: DUNE2000

Pass: dune

Remember, it's case sensitive.

-Ilkka, Finland

Ps. I configured my hamachi with the red alert 2 hamachi instructions ( http://forum.rtsu.net/index.php?showtopic=5 ), but if someone knows that dune works with one specific version only, i would be glad to hearing any advice.

Ps2. With my big brother we managed to get online with Kali but the connection was waayyyy too slow. Hope this will work better.

Ps3. We did manage to get online with no problems. Remember to download hamachi 1.0.1.5 which is linked in the ra2-thread above. Join the fun now!

Midway upcoming week I might give it a try. I'm from the Netherlands so the lag should not be that bad.

Okay, mate. You can reach me in msn also (ilkkaoksan@hotmail.com) or at irc (nick Sardaukar, quakenet server, channel for example #clanphc)

I found the channel, it has four members present.. However when i go into dune2000 it still takes me to the westwood channel. How exactly do i get it to connect to the hamachi channel?

It's the button below "internet", the LAN-button. If you can't see it, you either haven't gone through the steps given in ra2-thread or have a ripped (smaller size) version of dune2000. That's all I can say. And make sure you download the exact same version, 1.0.1.5, of hamachi. And ofcourse you should have the 1.06 patch on dune. If you can't find one, aske me in msn.

We are going to arrange some games tomorrow at 6 o clock finnish time (the time here now is 20:50, if you can count from that seeing the time I posted this message..) You should also add me in your msn for making sure I notice your messages. Be there :)

Don't you mean version 1.0.2.5, because version 1.0.2.5 is newer.

Yes, I know it's newer but since red alert 2 works only with this version, I thought that it would be wice to use that with dune too. Ofcourse you can try 1.0.2.5 but we don't know if it works. But 1.0.1.5 is proven to be working and that is why I recommended it to be used. I don't think there is much of a difference between those two..

Hey guys, I did all the steps from that other site.  I can see you guys on the DUNE2000 network, but when I select LAN, I can't see anyone in-game.  Anyone has any idea why this is happening?  I can see my friend's CPU by ping and so can he.

Hi fyru. That is simply because I often idle all day in the hamachi channel but not in the dune lobby, so you should contact me in the IRC or msn because I don't usually notice messages from hamachi. But it is just normal to see no-one, because no-one will just sit in the lobby all day watching the screen for someone to pop up. That would be just a waste of time. That's why there is the chat-function in hamachi. But rather try contacting via msn. --> ilkkaoksan@hotmail.com

In order to play dune 2000 on hamachi :

Get the 1.06 dune 2000 patch

use hamachi VERSION 1.0.1.5 !!!    (it didnt work with the newest version so its important to use this version)

Make sure you followed the steps correctly on this website to configure hamachi :  http://forum.rtsu.net/index.php?showtopic=5

If it still dosent work    try with firewall disabled

listen bitch ill i could you at both games dune 2000 and emperor i slap you like a fuckin newbie like you are so you wouldnt be no challage fuckin bovo so shut the fuck up when you learn how to play give me a call and we can battle and i can make you look like a bitch again