High score

diablosdia

Wow, a Dune 2000 forum! I never register for these things but I am a complete Dune addict. It really is sad how much time I have spent playing this game, so my question is a little embarrasing: What is your high score? I am scared to put my score here because it's like when you go to a chess comp and the six yr old israeli kid beats you. I find the highest I can score is with house A, then H and finally O. The mercenaries make it really difficult to get a high score with the ORDOS?

mercenaries are useful as they take most of enemy strikes on their a$$  but  airsrike and deathhand always go for you..  better is to save mercenaries for future and make own army.. dont let mercs go down cos then u lose protection and u willl die  faster a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

hint

keep destroying turrets and enemy units,

keep  game time  up to  some hours.

do not kill any of ai, just do to them minor damages  if enemy took  too heavy damages because of you, wait for him to recover 

cos more time spend in game and more killed units/buldings = more points

max points with this tactic i could get up to 2077 points

• 4 weeks later...

lol ophirus. nothing wromg with being israeli(in my opinion anyway, but i suppose it depends on your politics). the only point i was making is that you guys always seem to be really good at chess from a very young age(if you excuse the sweeping generalisation) i could have said "russian" instead of "israeli" but i had just lost a game to an israeli friend the day before. no offense meant. (but rememeber: just because you are paranoid; doesn't mean they're not out to get you)

and AMIgabot: You are not very bright. I cannot say it any clearer. The top score possible in Dune 2000 is 1500. That's it. You would know this if you were any good at the game. But you're not. You are not very intellectually sharp and a very, very bad liar. It's very funny to imagine you playing the game for hours destroying turrets and enemies to get your score high but yet you never even worked out how the scoring works?

So seriously. Does anyone who tells the truth have a high score they wish to share? I really have played this game too much and would love to know if anyone can score higher than 1480?

Lol i'll try to keep it in mind Diablo, and i'd also like to try to beat your score...

By the way, this forus has seen many other records by a player called Griffin65

scores like killing 5 AI on XL map on easy in less than 6 min.

also there's the record of killing 5 AI on easy (he managed on medium too) without a single loss of your units

diablo. you dont play this game too much.  i play this game  after she has been released... you are just  tiny folk.... you do not know dune  mechanics. you can take more than 1500 scores. its easy to prove.  but remember, it snot important how much and how long u play a campagin!  it depends on effectivity!!!!!!  if you destroy alot of enemy units and buldings without losing any unit and in short time, you will receivie moderate score.  game time has  many things in counting..  lets say  that you play paintball with  500 people. you shoot down aboove 200 without being hit.  not all hits in paintba;ll are "mortal"  so  lets say you "killed" only 30 people.  your score on hits will be high but  small on kill ranking .. it works same for dune.  but remember that if you for 4 hours of playing campagin only  resists all attacks and destroy only turrets,  you will not be rich.  evryone has to get  damages.  you cannot be god in dune, its not possible. sorry to say this, but u need be  very experienced in dune to get more than 1500 points.  u need know all stuff,  also  using different tactics on  each mission has effect on score.  so  dont use only one battle style in all missions,  you are human, not machine

Well now, i'm back with my score... hit 1300 and surely can get higher but in doubt if i'll ever reach 1450+.

trike, every mission has its own score, the highest score is at mission 9 (cause its the hardest) and i've noticed that while i scored 1300 the comp had 200 points, which means that put together there are a total of 1500 points for the taken.

I realy played the noobiest gameplay I could with sonics lines in front of the enemy base and HHing him to death, defying NERTHH (no engineers, rush, turrets and harvester hunting) to the ground.

Finally I came to the thought that there's something at what trike (amigabot) says and you'd have to agree diablo, couse even if you played perfectly with losing minimum amount of buildings and units there's still the matter of harvesting, and the comp starts with at least 20 harvesters, which means that in order to minimize his starting high ratio you have to harvest spice for hours.

but its possible... and.  alot of points are for spice! its strongly important too.  but if u stand on defence and  protect ur harvesters to get 40000000 spice is pointless.  i think max spice on  that mission to harvestis  above  3 -4 millions,  ai take more than half, and that all.  to get more  points u need harvest alot spice without being hit wha is alost impossible (for ordos u cannot do this unless u hh  in last mission hark base,  then make starport to get missile tanks to shoot-out turrets, and neessecary rocket turrets to shoot out atreides airstrikes.  but throught that time,  death hand missile will come  sometimes.  but after you hear missile launch detected, go to game options slowdown game to max, and watch where missile drops. if it go to bulding, sell bulding and other around (death hand missile  cannot kill conyard with 1 shot, and same for starport and palace ) also move-out infantry, and store it in safe place. and dont let  them get killed. also  mercenaries are useful.  they are scored  out of range of your score, they have their own.  after u hh  hark. you shootout turrets and capture all bulldings,  secure them with turrets too.    with harkonnen heavy factory u can make devastators and missile tanks. , make alot of missile tanks,and cover them with turrets.  don xpose them to sonic tanks!!!!

ophirus you got it spot on when you noticed that the combined total of your's and enemies score is 1500 on level 9. There is a maximum amount of points available on every level. So anyone who says they score more than 1500 points in Dune2000 is either playing a different game or a bad liar. For those who want to lie on forums, as they obviously have no friends to lie to real life, just say 1495 or something like that. At least then your lies could be true?

For those interested in playing for the highest % of the 1500 points available, harvesting spice for hours is not exactly necessary, but you do have to do a bit of it to push your score up to be honest. That's why I don't have exact high score cause the save game is at 1470 approx and I could prob squeeze 10 more by harvesting for an hour more.

To get high score you have to build very quick, kill all enemy harvesters very fast and lose no units when you destroy everything.

It's a totally different game when you play for points rather than for speed. I personally prefer speed but points can be fun.