Halo 2 Graphics Problems

I'm playing Halo 2 in win xp and have major graphics problems. I think it's down to lighting effects, or mist effects -- whenever I'm in an environment with them, say blue from nearby water or misty outdoors -- I see tonnes of lines running over every texture in sight, making it extremely hard to see anything.

Any fix ideas?

DXDIAG attached.

DxDiag.txt

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.

I've downloaded and updated with the latest NVIDIA driver, but the date remains the same on it -- so I guess that's the latest.

Halo 2 has pitiful graphics options in the original release -- no lighting toggles or similar, just some antisoptric settings, resolutions and so on.

Halo 2 is set to only function on vista, yes, but it should also function fine on XP (with a patch) -- plenty of other people have no problems of this kind, it seems.

I expect it's my gfx card that's simply out of date -- but if I could find some way to de-activate the lighting etc with a start-up command, it would run ok. Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about doing that.

well what vcard you got apo?

if its nvidia.. try finding a tweak program, Nvhardpage, rivatuner- theres a few more

if its ati.. try ATI tray tools...

assuming whatever card you have may not have the required shader level,

those programs can Force the card to use a certain HLVS/HLPS target.. among a few other useful things

also try 3d Analyser and use it to tell the program that you have a 9800 pro or something..

i guess theses lines only appear with this game?? 

anyway gl with it...