ordos

Guest Chief Crazyhorse

Guest Chief Crazyhorse

I think that Westwood should have put the smugglers as the third side rather tahn ordos because they exist and could easily fit in the story.In dune1 you trade with the smugglers for wepponery, what if say the Atredies and Harkonnen said they didn't want to trade.The smugglers could have got aggresive and the emperror could have put them in the deal for control of dune.

Except that the smugglers are not a house and do not fit into the story or the theme intended. The Ordos were intended to bring a new layer to Dune 2000, with special weapons that fit into their theme. The smugglers have no reason or resources to develope special weapons, beinga house adds ligitimacy to them.

i disagree

the dune games from westwood really screwed the whole thing up

ordos do not exist, they never did exist, they never will exist

the smugglers, on the other hand, smuggle illegal weapons and other sorts to their hidden refineries and storehouses on dune to do has they please

i really don't know why i'm talking, i'm a fremen guy ;) but i thought i'd put my say in

::sigh:: Okay, in what way did Westwood screw up by adding a new house? Was part of the mystique of Dune not the pseudo-feudal system in which everything was operated? I run a RPG (the dice kind)and I have added several new houses. Are you foolish enough to assume that Atredies, Corrino, and Harkonnen were the only houses in the Dune universe? Diversity is the spice of life, all Westwood did was try to add another layer of depth to an already rich universe. Besides, don't you think that the Fremen should have had more involvement in the game? Worm-ridders and such? Fedaykin? I think Westwood should have added even more houses. Just because they were not in the books doesn't mean anything. As long as the story is good and it still has the appropriate theme and feel, who cares?

That's right. I agree with (V)echa[)ragon about adding new houses, but not about the fremen. If the fremen were more powerful, that would give the atreides an unfair advantage. I'd like the fremen to be more powerful as long as they're independent (not the allies of the atreides).

Well, over all, I feel that the Atredies may be the weakest house, so any futher advantages they are given could help. But what I meant was that the Fremen should have been considered thier own side. Keep in mind that Dune 2000 is pre-Dune. To have the Atredies have an alliance before 10,191 was sorta out of line and disturbs the continuity of the story.

Dune 2000 is pre-dune? well, that changes everything. ordos is fine with me for a pre-dune game. i'm just stuck in the dune universe, so forgive me if i'm rather prejudice. i like the idea of other houses in the thick of the battle. i'm just stuck in the book. somebody save me.

i agree, the fremen should be stronger.

• 2 months later...
Guest coolio

it's ok......the four houses....it will only enrich the game...the Dune 2000 is my most favourite....I really love the story.....and the game is perfect too.....my opinion> more different houses = more fun.......I know..the story in a book is different...but....who cares ??? I wanna play :) The second thing: I have a problem...please help me....I downloaded 1.06 patch....installed.....but....game doesn't work....it can't be played without CD....even multiplayer practice cannot play.....where is the problem ???? anybody help me ??? ...I have some troubles with my CD ROM....it cannot read some CD.....and I can't play "my" Dune (for now)...so what is your experience with patch Dune 2000 1.06 ??? tell me pls......thanxx.....coolio