Air Units in the next Dune game

joslein

I think it would be best if u could control air units but I also like the dune2 ornis that just went and attacked everything, but it would be better if you could choose targets. Speaking of dune2, on 1 of da ordos missions it talked about fremen and it said that with some perswersion that they could maybe join the ordos but after that it wasn't mentioned at all, whats up wit dat.

I hope they are controllable like the Mig in Red Alert. They should have like a Light Ornithopter that is armed with a Lasgun and can shoot at other aircraft, tanks and be able to scout the map. A medium Ornithopter armed with battle field support rockets and a Heavy ornithopter that can carry troops around. I hated in Dune 2k when you would choose an airstrike and by the time the Ornithopters come to the airstrike location the tanks could have moved.

Air units I thin would be good additions:

1) Troop transports

2) Light Ornithopters-Built in a hanger, no armenents or shields. Used for scouting. Easily destroyed. Can have projectile weapons added to it for more money.

3) Medium Ornithopter-Built in a hanger with weapons or shields upgrade. Expensive.

4) Heavey Ornithopter-Built in hanger with both shields and weapons. Most expensive unit in dune. Can only fire when shields are droped, shields fall for about 1 sec for one lasgun shot, which is equal to 1 hit from current dune2k atreides airstrike. Takes 3 misiles to be destroyed when shield is down. Virtually indestructable when shield is up. Ornithopters can engage each other, but if a lasgun hits a shield, both will be destroyed along with a random area surrounding them, from the size of one trooper to 3/4 of the map in use. In battles where both sides have ornithopters, you can give command of the land troops to your second in command (AI) and take over the ornithopter. You then are placed in the cock pit and fly the orni in the dogfight. You must lower shields before fireing any weapon. Any projectile weapons fired will rebound of the shield back at you and any lasguns fired will cause the holtzman effect. After the dog fight is over, you can either stay in the ornithopter and attack from the air, or return to standard RTS battle screen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I think that instead of making an ornithpther personell carierer, the must allow the carry-alls to carry soldiers around,like the chinook in redalert. Further, Make the ornithopther fire guided missiles instead of those lame 500lb bombs, thats old news nowadays. Meebie sum kinda heavy ornithopter bomber who can drop those 500lb,s :P That would be more realistic.