Macromanagement

ggom

EmpBFD plays vastly more interestingly then so many other RTSs because the entire idea of micro (commanding individual units)has been marginalized in favor of large scale strategies like outproduction. One of the most fascinating things involved in the game is the use of real-life war tactics, such as holding chokepoints with artillery, flanking with mobile units, etc.

What I'd like to open to discussion is the pairing of the best 'macro-strategy' with the house/subhouse, and specific instances of effectiveness.

I've also noticed in the games I've played that some players favor particular play styles. Gun, the few times hes played harkonnen as my ally or against me, likes to mass produce a @#$%load of units and sit them outside his base, sort of passively waiting for people to attack him. Spaze, playing ordos, doesnt harrass enemy infantry at the start of the game with his dust, but some players (I forget names) always open by slaughtering a bunch of infantry and running off. Yet Spaze doesn't lose very much. People, why do y'all play the way you do? And as a sidenote, isn't an outpost extremely useful for setting up double teams and avoiding them? so why do so many people not make them?

Now that was a long post. 

People, why do y'all play the way you do?

You would ask that of anyone who played this game anyhow. Basically, no matter how people played, you could ask them that question. And the answer to the question, at least from me, would be "Just...because....you know.... <shrug>" :P

What I'd like to open to discussion is the pairing of the best 'macro-strategy' with the house/subhouse, and specific instances of effectiveness.

People, why do y'all play the way you do? And as a sidenote, isn't an outpost extremely useful for setting up double teams and avoiding them? so why do so many people not make them?

1. Atreidis, when you just minos marching, atr is not hard macro or micro skill house. But in some cases you have to use bikes and inf for rush or defense. If you use bike n inf as ur main units, yea then you will get good experiance real atr macro or micro skill than other houses. If you get a certain degree of atreidis, you can play hark or ordos well also like ur atr.

Be aware of bikes are not fast as dustscouts and they dont have good firepower like buzzsaw. But you have to remember that bike has more health than dustscout n more faster than buzzsaw too. use the bike merit(S shortcut key will help you a lot)

you can use ur some minos support ur bikes(use advanced carryall, dropped mino doesnt have any delay shooting time) or you can pick up a few bikes among them and you try kill trooper for stop drone rush, at same time you have to drone.

and If you use subhouse also, then opponent have to think about ur variety rush then you get edge.

most players use fremen and sardaukr. but sometimes leech or ix help u a lot.(try a lot of stragety what u think- like a clon sardaukar, leech drop lol

2. spazelord or gun tatics or their unit movement...its hard to say. ;)just copy thier unit movement, build order, tatics and you have to feel urself...why it tatics or bo effective or not good in some cases.

3. outpost...when opponent has guild-niab. you have to make it. or when you want to stop mass airstrike in late game. you need it, but in early game its enough to play without it for watch out map carefully.you should make more barrack or ref than get a outpost.