God vs. science: Can religion stand up to the test?

You people are reading the english translated from hebrew.  In Hebrew the original meaning is DO NOT MURDER.  MURDER gives the connotation that someone INNOCENT was killed.  Or that someone was wrongly killed.  We dont say that the Governor of Texas Murders Death Row Inmates.  We say they were Executed.

In many countries in the world, executions are perceived as murders. The Norwegian state has no authority to kill anyone in Norway, and if it happened, people would be appalled, just as if the guy was murdered (there would, of course, be some people who thought of it as ok, but I'm talking about the general view).

Now, do you honestly believe that the millions of men, women and children who were drowned in the flood were all guilty enough to be killed? I want an honest answer. Now, of course it's probably easier to say yes when you don't have to see the people in real life, but I want you to really think about it and give an answer. The babies that were just being born, the babies that were alive for months, a couple years, maybe ten years. They were all guilty enough to be drowned in a massive flood created by God?

Thats a very good question.  Such a good question it deserves another thread.  Check out the board for a new thread where i will address this.

Cyborg: I mean, when your parents spanked you, did you turn around and say: Thank you for the spanking. I really deserved it.  No, you judge them, and have your rights; they're breaking the rules to punish you for breaking the rules... That's like fighting for peace.

Gunwounds: Actually when i was a kid i was mad at my parents for spanking me, because i was a stupid immature kid.  Now that i am an adult i DO thank them for spanking me.  They werent breaking any rules, they rightfully disciplined me.  If you're seriously still upset at your parents for spanking you, then to me, that means you havent grown up or you hold a childish grudge against your parents.  As far as fighting for peace goes, if a gunman comes into a school shooting everyone in sight, but then a cop arrives and kills the gunman.... peace is now established.  So yes you can fight for peace. If there is prideful rebellion, lack of rational thinking, or complete wicked disregard, then diplomacy for peace cannot work.  In many instances fighting for peace, and actual elimination of that individual from the society (or earth itself) is the only recourse for peace.  WWII fought for peace.  And i do believe that Germany is a far cry from the Nazi regime it once was.... in fact they are one of the most anti-war peaceful pacifistic countries out there. Same goes for Japan.  But it took a huge smackdown on Germany and 2 nukes on Japan to get them to become the pacifistic peaceful countries they are today.   Yes you can fight for peace in some cases and its not some paradoxical idea.