An instant messanger for Dune

Mahdi

For the last few months DLAAZZ has been building an Instant messanger called the Dune Liberation Army Messanger (DLAM). After Version 2.0 is complete and/or Dune3000/Red Alert 2 is released, this is will be released to the general public. Version 1.0 is expected to be released on September 23. This is the progression chart posted on Sept. 17 (For inof on this, please check the DLa message board)

"DLAm -v.4 -- Has a full chat. All meetings will be held using DLAm.

DLAm -v.7 -- This version will have a full chat, muinimize to system tray, minimize, and several other usefull options.

DLAm -v.9 -Will have all options in v.7, plus, you will be able to private message people in the chat, like ww.

DLAm -v1.0 This is the real deal. Will have instant messaging, Private messaging, improved chat. Lots of options, and much, much more.

DLAm -v1.1 -If all goes well with v1.0, you should be expecting this improved version. I am now working on howto connect to westwood online through my program. It is possible. And I might even be able to make it where you can play through my program as well. No more having to switch screens, or anything.

DLAm -v2.0 -Dont expect this version for another 3 weeks or so after V1.0. This version the server will be run using some remote service. Its rediculous having the server on my comp all the time. There will be daily messages, possible chatrooms, and many more options. Its just to early to predict what this version will have.

At this point I will be Starting the DLA Training Software for Dune2k.

I will also be focusing on spreading the word to other games. Mostly focusing on Red Alert2.

I am planning on spreading this clan throughout westwood, and make it the most powerful, popular clan around. When Dune3k comes out, I will spread to that game too. The messenger will not be a simple ways of communication between a clan anymore. It will be a neccesety to any WW online user. Mostly pertainign to the newer games. Im not sure wheather I should spread the welth to the older games or not. There would need to be other people in charge.

As well as doing all this i am focusing my mind on making a color color changing patch for dune. In which could lead me into amking a whole new game. Very weird. Please read my first post for mopre info on this subject.

Remember, Im not a loser or anything, he he. Im going to be making money for the ammount of logins a day and the ammount of time people stay on the messenger.

If 10 people logon everyday for 20 minutes everyday for a whole month, i would make almost $1000 dollers. Not bad eh?. he he"

A bit has chagned since this was posted, you can view the changes on the DLa mb. As is stated above, with westwood permission, you will be able to play Dune over this while at the same time ahveing a chat box. It will also permit you to elude all bans and will automatically censure your words so that you cannot be banned (Ie. replace ass with azz). I have screen shots of the messanger the day before version 0.4 was finished, they are available upon request. Is anyone interested in this?

You have high hopes for the DLA! Well, make sure you won't get TOO big, then where's the fun? If there's only one huge clan and a bunch of small ones. But the OHA is neutral and will stay neutral. Even if the Dune community starts a monopoly trial against you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

what gives you the right to think you can make a program and try and enforce it upon every westwood user huh i mean come on man. your program will be nothing but another available instant messanger chat program whoopdee DOO! wow isnt that so cool and if i want to play a game i dont see the harm in loading the game to play it after all thats what the games are bought for huh? what is DLA turning into a bunch of lame lazy little kids???? DLA seems to me like it is trying to turn into the next DAF of dune trust me DLA enjoy your dream while it lasts my friend

To Edric:

I should have mentioned, what is in quotes was posted by DLAAZZ the guy who made it, you don't have to worry about there being just one real big clan, thats been tried and failed (look at BOP when they were the only clan) This is to improve communication between our members and after being given to the public there will be people grouped by interest (one for dune2k, one for red alert, other ww games, one for Dune fans) which will make it easy to find other people to talk about the novels if your interested in them.

To Spike:

Enforce it upon every westwood user? Yeah, I'm going to take a shotgun and go to everyone's house and tell them that if they don't download it, I'll kill them. That'll happen. Too lazy to load the game? Hmm, heres an idea, could it be that we would use this becuase it plays dune2k in a window, which you can't do through westwood regularly? Which means that you have more time to actually play, because you can do other stuff at the same time. When the challenge of playing one game at a time is gone, why not try playing two at once? I know a few people who would find that an interesting idea. Ever tried typing something during a game and ended up wasting a couple minutes re-typing it because you exeeded the letter cap? Ever missed something that someone said in a game and had to waste more time asking them what it was again? Not gonna happen with this. Name one other instant messanger that does that.

So how about you leave us non-chicken fucking duners alone and go ram your namesake up your ass.