Stepmania

Dragoon Knight

<exist>

Why hello thar.  Thought I'd pop in to say hello and spread this new addiction.  It's called Stepmania.

No doubt some of you have heard of it, played it, own it or possibly exist solely to get a AAAAA rating on that damned song.  Me, I just like playing it.  A lot.  Yeah.  Anyhoo, it's a game based around the multitude of Dance-Dance Revolution games and clones that have become so popular over the last decade (gods that makes me feel old), except you play it using the arrow-keys on your keyboard rather than a great ruddy dance mat.

For those of you that are blissfully unaware of DDR, it basically involves pressing arrow-keys of a certain direction in time with music.  Classically, arrows pointing in different directions scroll up from the bottom of the screen at a set speed, and you have to press the corresponding arrow-key when they overlap with a row at the top of the screen.  For those of you that don't understand that frankly crap explanation; ha ha.

It can be found here.  Download it at your own peril, for it will likely become quite addictive.  I'd recommend anyone who does not have arthritis, tennis elbow or RSI to give it a shot.  Pretty colours.  I'd suggest downloading all of the 'Plaguemix' collection from the songs section as well - really good selection and range of difficulties.

For those of you looking for some more songs afterwards (to sate your new addiction), there's a really good, constantly updated list to be found here.  They're not in the .smzip format, though, so it's manual unzipping to the Songs folder. :)

</exist>

• 2 weeks later...