ups is acting wierd

today the power went off when my pc was idle...so the pc was on ups back up for few secounds and the monitor was turned off on power saving mode..

then i tryed to turn on the monitor to complete the shotting down of my pc

and at this moment the pc hanged .. there was power in the pc but the screen

didnt start and the pc started to over heat like 20 degree more than normal in few secounds. so fast i could smell it...

then i turned everything off fast. untill the power went back on and

it starting to work again.. i think my usp become very unstable in the case

when the battary is in charge.

but  i wounder from were did that ubnormal  heating came from??

if you really have such an unstable electricity source I think you might want to consider buying a APC ups with surge protection. Connect your computer and monitor both on it.

Not really the advice you where hoping for I know. ..

hey gryphone i think u want to hear this man :

i think you guys wanna read this:

cpoy of the message i send to infosec ups company france:

Hi, i have a new INFOSEC 500 XP UPS (Line Interactive technology)...actuly i live in a place with very bad power sutch as storms and and surges and unstable voltage... well for somtimes every thing was normal and the ups did bloack some power cuts and keapt my pc up and runing... but yesterday we had a very bad storm and the power was cutting so bad

and then i hurd a beep out of the ups and the green lights started to flash.... then my pc restarted ....!! then few hours later i had 2 bypass alert messages from the ups then the ups make another beep and my pc restarted again..... 2 times in 1 night... well the battary is full and every thing is normal.... is that ok to happen? i mean can the ups make mistakes somtimes or get out of order. for a moment? or there is somthing rong with my ups ???

copy of the reply of infosec tech sector to me:

Dear Customer,

You are right: you live in a place with very very bad power. The phenomenon you observed is due to a strong main power signal distortion. There are so many high frequency variations that they are understood by electronic devices as commands or orders. The 500 XP is strong enough to support that but cannot filter all. If this appears too often, the only solution is an "on-line double conversion" ups which is absolutely voltage and frequency independent ("E4" range).

Remaining at your disposal for any further requirements you may need,

Best Regards

Olivier BRANCHEREAU

Service Technico-Commercial

INFOSEC Communication

i cant buy anything more. i dont have any money left.. i have to take my chances with the 500xp

its not so bad it cost me 150$.... ill just keep awy from the electricty storms by shutting down

the hole system at that point... and i hope the ups will deal with the rest stuff.

I just got an order confirmation from Dell about 2 USCSI 320 Adaptex RAID controlers .. for the absurd price of 150 Euro's. (total). They retail for about 400 each in shops.

In many cases indead it's yes. But only because shops overprice you. Not because the article is valued better or costs more to produce. Good stuff costs the same as bad stuff to produce.. ;)

then it's a matter of finding the right store. ;)

Not that price vs quality but price vs store.

I think it can be hard to emagine. But Norton AV kosts 10 - 15 Euro's per client. RAID controlers mentioned above, and you get p4 3gigs, 512, 80gig HD Office and WinXP Pro with 15" TFT screens for just under 300 Euro (dell).

Those are all store prices, not production prices. And I doubt any cheaper valued company can match those prices.

I have something like this at home bought for just over 100 Euro.

High quality product for prices of "low quality" or cheaper brands.

Remember when Linksys was just starting as a cheap new brand. They get known and prices are now more the same as 3Com. Not because it costs that much to produce them or because they are worth it. Because consumers value it as quality product and want to pay for it.

Another example are Juniper routers and Cisco ones. Some DC's swear on Junipers above Cisco's even though Junipers are half the price if not less then Cisco's.

No production prices, all retail. Just don't accept your local hardware dealer to sell you stuff for the price it's worth. He's a dealer and needs to make money. . .

But I think we are getting a bit oftopic here :) ;)

Before we're moving back on topi, I'd just like to say that just about nothing in the computer world is decently priced. CPUs that cost $30 to produce are sold for $600, for instance. But this is not a strange thing if you put things into perspective. Clothes and many other things are objects of this.

I wasn't talking about price variation between stores, I was talking about price variation within store. The more expensive CPU is in most cases better. This doesn't apply to all articles, though, like DVD-burners, memory (in some cases) and other things.

Let's get back on track now.

Before we're moving back on topi, I'd just like to say that just about nothing in the computer world is decently priced. CPUs that cost $30 to produce are sold for $600, for instance.

then you must agree that the price things are being sold for, it not a referance to the quality of it. It to how much people can and want to pay for it.

I agree that when you only apply your perspective to one store quality products are usually more expensieve then less quality ones. :)