bypass?

Hi. i have a question about my ups. if some of you remeber me i had a lots of trubles with my new pc because i live in an eria with very bad electricty

and it had allready burned my power units... so i bought a high qualty ups

units which is ( infosec 500 xp Line Interactive model).

every thing was ok untill few dayes ago when i got 2 ups alarm of baypassing

which means as i read it in the help file that the UPS gets out of order, overload, or overheat somtimes and Power bypasses most of the filtering that is done by the UPS subjecting the PC or any other electrical equipment to raw AC power.

actuly i didnt know what that realy means,, but yesterday we has storms

going on and the power was going like crazy: on and off and surges and spiks

i mean all kinds... i had few (ac faild,ac recoverd) messages from the ups

then sudenly my pc restarted all by it self... i was thinking its a bad program

i was runing or somthing but then it happened again after few hours my pc restarted and i was afk and not runing any programs.

well the question is: is that a bypass? i mean can my pc still have some

restarts even with the ups on?? can some of those surges still

trick my ups and get passed to the pc??

and thank you.

haw is my ups low on power? the battarry is fully charged. what makes the  ups low on power,

olso i noticed today in another restart  that the ups was beeping and giving worning green lights

at the moment of the restart which the pc is not responsible and the cut came from the ups.

is that another kind of by passing? can the ups miss somtimes and make mistakes? or there is somthing rong with my ups...thx

wtf is ups anyway? never heard of it... either because the german translation is completely different and we (I) only know a german abbreviation or maybe I know what is meant if you name the full name and not just the abbreviation. ups for me means united parcel service... the guys who suck cause they never manage to deliver on time at my place for some reason...

the logs are normal  .. i get few  ac faild ac recoverd alerts evry now and then..  no logs were

made during the  restarts only the alarm beeb that usaly happen when power cuts down .

maybe its a momentary bypass  as a resolt of ups  beeing out of order or jamed like the manual said

anyway i will try to uninstall the software and remove the comunication line even that i dont think the s/w has anything to do with or that it had restarted my pc .

edited:  well gryphon at this point i am sure the pc is not reponsible for the restart because

if the pc power unit or os  faild or shot down then why would the ups give unstable voltting

alarm beebs. the problem started at the ups first thats why it gave the alerts  . then went to the pc  and made it restart.. i tryed to force restart my pc and shot it off and on and all this did nt

make the ups normaly to give any worning alarms coz the ups dont import failuer info from the pc

at the revers it send that kind of data . right?

how did / does your computer restart when it happend. Just shutting down and rebooting like a normal shutdown, or instantly, like a power loss and don't properly shutting down ?

coz the ups dont import failuer info from the pc at the revers it send that kind of data . right?

Depends on your UPS, some have bi-driectionall communication and a memory for the computer state.

Is this your UPS btw. ?

http://www.gepbolt.hu/ii/infosec-500xp-ups_big.jpg

yes i know what you mean...well it shot down like a power loss.. just like if the power cut bypassed  the ups and  hit directly my system...i guess thats what they mean in the manual that the

ups may go into bypass mode  for a secound or tow due to momentary failuer. i mean the instant

shot down cant be coming from my system because there no reason for the ups to give alarm if my system was having a power problems i even made tests by force restarting my pc from  the restart

boton  and the ups had no comment what so ever about that matter.. all the data send from my pc

to my ups is about sysem shot down after 2 min from power failuer and there is nothing about

beeping or restarting my system.

_ yes my  ups is the one in the photo for more info : http://www.infosec.fr/fr/index-en.html

quote from the user manual:

Bypass Mode: This situation occurs more for on-line UPSs and is usually due to a fault in the UPS. Power bypasses most of the filtering that is done by the UPS subjecting the PC or any other electrical equipment to raw AC power

Under normal situation, On-line UPS will supply power from transformer and will transfer to bypass only when UPS is out of order, overload, or overheat.

Under normal situation, Line Interactive UPS will supply power from bypass through transformer.  At this moment, transformer becomes charger.  When power failure, transformer will transfer battery power to AC output

isnt that what is hapenning?? some power surges are bypassing the ups and hitting my pc?

does sound like it. For some reason (heating, overload) your UPS doesn't filter the power anymore and at the same time you have a powerloss or it will stop suppying power to your computer which shutsdown / reboots at that time.

you must really have bad electricity comming into your home . ..

yes. i do have bad electricty..and it comes usaly like  electrecity failuer storms. and its like

watching a horor movies when ure room light  would start flashing on and off .

it uslay go like this all night untill the next morning when it gose to normal again..

and at the day when those 2 restarts happened i was having one of the electric stormy night.

so surly there is a relation coz now with the power ok, every thing is normal again...

what i understand from the ups manual is that the ups will not give 100%  backup  i mean for some

reason it will have some moments of disorder and the battary wont back the pc up in time. and if the power is bad at that time some bugs will bypass the protection.... or its not a timming thing,  but it can be limited ability to deal with

the incoming . for ex  if i had 20 surges per hour and few spiks and a coupple low voltage events,

the ups will not be able to stop them all .lets say  the accuracy of the ups is 98% for ex

that means with so many bugs coming in, one or tow of them will actuly bypass the ups and or the ups may

needs to make an cricticals shot down for a sec or tow  thats why its beeping.

i olso got 2 bypass messages but my pc didnt restart which means the power bypassed again but wasnt bad enough to coz restart