Hidden Village and the Devastators

gunner154

I tried this interesting game using the map Hidden Map by Xano. I played Harkonnen with Sardaukar and Ix against 3 AI, one of each house. I eliminated all but the Harkonnen AI in midgame (Normal Difficulty) using tons of assault tanks and missile tanks, together with about 3 or 4 Devastators (while ineffective, Devastators marching into and wrecking a base looks really cool!). I decided to have some fun with the last Harkonnen AI. All the spice sources but the central one had been exhausted, so I got about 8 devastators and some missile tanks and sat them on the spice field, effectively crippling the enemy economy. I started getting lots of Sardaukar Elites and some tanks and rushed everything there. Of course, without bothering to micromanage, my frontline vehicles got exterminated before the Devastators hit the scene, so I retreated my devastators (which had hit a devatator count of 12) and continued camping at the spice field. I ran a scout into the Harkonnen base just to see how they are faring with my camping, and saw that they were WEAK. So I sent everything in. My assault tanks and missile tanks got eliminated quite quickly together with some sardaukar elites. Later on the rest of the sardaukar elites and the devastators marched into the base and devastated the base defences (4 gun turrets and a flame turret), suffering on a casualty of 1 or 2 devastators. The AI had walls in the base, so it was a maze for my devastators. To facilitate quick devastation, I blew up some walls to make paths for the devastators and sent them into the heart of the base - the construction yard and waited there until all the devastators were there. After that, it was pure devastation: I exterminated almost the entire base in less than 10 seconds with the devastators before the AI sold almost all of its remaining structures, gathering a horde of light infantry to fight my massive devastators. It was a quick battle before I was told that Victory was Mine. Then this happened:

Self-Destruct!

Yeah, for the heck of it. I blew all my devastators up, taking along a good number of sardaukar elites..... but one. The lone sardaukar elite survived and cheered for the end of the battle (and probably for surviving the self-destruct celebration sequence).

Just sharing with you guys. Marching devastators into a base is fun (aesthetically and gameplay-wise)!

Im glad you liked my map.  :)

Its suited for role play games as it has lots of diversity but I doesnt reach the same level as Sadja Path, that one really took lots of work. I would like to put citizens in the village (Hidden Village map) but seems to be impossible... In this one I already found one bug... but its not really important.

By the way, hope you're playing with graphics on maximum...only that way you get the real scenario.

It can be played online in multiplayer, its somehow like Knife fight.

Yes, I prefer Sadja path. This one seems A LOT like knife fight with the central spice area that the AI likes to mess around in.

No, I play on lowest graphic detail. It slows down on high graphic detail (although I am able to play high graphic detail on warcraft III. Weird).

I eliminated all but the Harkonnen AI in midgame (Normal Difficulty)

Jump on hard AI. Here you get MORD ;D(lol)

Yeaah that's sounds like joke because computer even when you choose hard isn't play very good

for example:

I've been playing on fishers plain (I & 5 AI players, 1 hark. AI, 2 atriedess AI 2 ordos AI) on hard level. I've been playing the harkonen house & I decided to attack ordos AI player. At first I've used the scouts to get know about his units buildings etc... I've observed that he is making laser tanks & dust scouts & he keep them in one place.

I order to my ONE harkonen catapult to attack ground that here enemy has placed his laser tanks & dust scouts

and what AI player did ??? nothing!

I left catapult & I go make new ground units & fight with other AI HARD (buhaha) players :-

Very, very aesthetically pleasing, no? It makes good sense to try out some weird ideas every now and then. Competitive gameplay tends to spoil the fun a lot... like it doesn't make economic sense to walk Devastators up to an enemy base in a real game. You can afford that against the AI.