Zero Hour problems

I tried out the whole list of commands to add to the shortcut. I remember someone posted them, can't remember who it was now, and he claimed that it made his game "run like the wind". Well, it didn't for mine. I'm lagging easily in a 6player game once I get my Palace up. I'll post my dxdiag.txt file here, see what the tech guys can do here. Thanks.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I think your video card is one of the culprints.

And with internet games, its very difficult to determine what the eaxact problem is of your lag.

What I learned when the games came out is that they are very hardware demanding. Next to that, if you

play with others, how is their connection, what server are you playing on, dedicated ? And if so, what kind of hardware ?. To many questions to just simply answer your question (sorry)...

I'm not talking about playing online. Even singleplayer lags like hell.

My video card? It's a GeForce 5200 thingy, 128MB. I play on the lowest graphic detail too. I even tried once disabling MSN, AVG antivirus and zonealarm for good measure. All these brought no improvements. I have 524MB RAM too.

Edit: The irony is that the non-Zero Hour game barely lags, or it takes an extreme army-building scenario to lag it significantly.

3 player games are a lot more manageable. But I like large games, and 6 players is one of my main options (8 players is unplayable!), but it still lags a lot. Tsk.

I guess I'll just stick to small games then. EAX is an option available in Counter Strike. That I know.

I used to play Zero Hour on a 64MB Geforce 2 and 256MB of RAM on the lowest settings, and it was still playable with 6-8 players.

Does the game stutter on certain maps like Twilight Flame, or does it stutter anyway when a certain player limit is exceeded, regardless of the map being used?

I know about problems of Zero Hour's Twilight Flame and avoided that map.

I played some other 4v4 map and it lags tremendously. The problem persists on 3v3, though it's much manageable.

The game doesn't lag immediately, but it gets progressively worse.