New Nvidia Drivers will not Install

I have a crappy tnt2 card. I download the latest drivers from nvidia (have been doing so for a long time, but none of the versions will install).

It seems to be able to install older versions such as 71.89 and maybe 77.72.

When I try installing it by double clicking the file I download, it unpacks the files and when in the installshield wizard I get

nvidia0th.jpg

I have tried going into device manager, selecting the driver update button and manually going to the folder with the latest version (right now it seems to be 78.01). I go to don't search, I will specify the driver. I click on have disk... and select the folder with the latest driver. nv4_dsip  and nv4disp2 are there. I open either of them but surprisingly tnt2 is not listed.

Maybe they stopped supporting tnt2 even though on the website it says it is suported. Anyone know the last tnt2 driver that is supported?

Oddly windows update keeps pointing me to a 2003 version of nvidia drivers. It always has. I have installed them and they work, but I know they are not the latest version.

Just remembered about omega drivers. But it seems they are based on forceware 66.93, which seems pretty old as nvidia is now on 80.xx

EDIT

Found nvidias driver archives

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

Gonna try 77.77. 77.77 extract files to folder, but I still get same error as above. 77.72 gives same error. 71.89 gives same error wtf? 71.89 does work when I manually install it I think. 71.89 I can manually install as it shows the nvidia rivatnt2 model 64/64 pro. None of the newer drivers show that. I could try selecting a geforce one, maybe it still works right even though there is a warning saying it might not be compatible and could screw my computer up.

trying omega drivers. Since the latest nvidia ones are 71.89 and omega 66.93 is not much older.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

TNT2, that is old, I had one of those where it wouldnt upgrade to the older verions. I ended up swapping the card, it just didnt want to play.

I dont know what can be recommended, 'cept maybe the omega drivers, if they support it... :-

www.omegacorner.com

The latest omega drivers work. Will probably use them for a while since they are not much older than the latest nvidia drivers.

I've been wanting a new video card for some time now. Even a cheap one, doesn't matter, as any would be better then the tnt2.