processor case light

hi  strange thing happend yesterday  i was writting some message with some applications opend like firewall and so..

then i was  afk  for few minuts and when i came backI NOTICED that the red

light  on the case whitch usaly glows when the processor is working was lighting

like if the pc was hang or somthing  i mean the light wasnt glowing on and off

like it usaly dose but keep giving stady beam just like the green one.

but the pc wasnt hang at all  and when i moved the mouse the red light went back to normal. is that  ok?  is it just an application error or its just the lamp  having a hang?

i have p4 3ghze ht

yes. and it didnt seem to happen again, i keapt my eyes on it  for some time now and its working

normaly. anyway thank you.i wasnt so worried coz evry thing is working normaly. but i wanrted

to learn more about that red flasher. so its not the processor light???  i know green is for power

so now you tell me the red that keep flashing is hard drive. right?

well the screen saver and hybernate and standby are all off. could be the monitor try to standby?

Nope, it won't be your monitor. Although if you are using WindowsXP it can be your Indexing Service or a disk optimalisation proces which kicks in when your system is idle.

A led for your CPU whould be useless as it's always working. You might have a led for your CPU in a dual CPU system. One led per CPU.

Nope, it won't be your monitor. Although if you are using WindowsXP it can be your Indexing Service or a disk optimalisation proces which kicks in when your system is idle.

i dont understand what you said and am using  xp pro with service pack 2.

well its ok  i dont want to bother you and ask for tech explaination, am happy its a normal

thing to happen thats all what i wanted to know. olso  i was thinking the led is coming from cpu

now i leared its the hard drive so its good to know somthing new,

i allwayes was thinking that red little light that keep flashing is the processor activity monitor.

it looks to be hyper when the cpu is having load. well that what made me think its strange at first place because i was thinking the processor is having a load when it shouldnt be at idle status.

now that i know its the hard drive i find it normal because i have a lot of programs that may use

the hard drive outomaticly even when am idle.