Arrakis Worm Sign Remix (song)

Acriku

This link will take you to the page to download this remix done by Bart Klepka:

Bart Klepka is one of the most talented remixers out there, and this mix is no exception. Bart takes a breakbeat / hypnotic style to the theme from the original classic DUNE game based on the FrankHerbert novel and David Lynch film we all know and love (hopefully) . . not only do we recommend downloading and listening, but also visiting Bart's site, as he's got some other tunes there that are equally as well-done!

Bart Klepka's site is here: http://bart.overclocked.org/

Here's a forum discussing the remix (all posters loved it): http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2035

Note to moderators alarmed by a downloadable song from ocremix.org:

Isn't this music copyrighted?

Yes, the original works which OverClocked ReMixes are based off of are copyrighted. We are not out to infringe on the copyright owner's rights by making money off of their content. ReMixes are not sold, and ad banners on this site go only to pay for the bandwidth / hosting that it requires. Thus far, there have been no complaints. I would hope that any copyright owner that visited here would recognize we are only trying to express our appreciation for their creations. Think of ReMixes like free fan art, which gets mailed in to gaming mags all the time and never raises eyebrows - the only difference is the medium. OC ReMix encourages buying professionally arranged OSTs in support of game music.

I have a few remixes of this theme (not the Spice Opera version though; I didn't much like that one).  This one's very soft compared to the others.  I like it.

Bart Klepka usually doesn't disappoint.  I liked his remixes of "Sardaukar" from Dune 2, and the "Crete" theme from Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

[edit] Oh, also his Dark Forces remix was really neat.

It's a pity he hasn't updated in two years but it's nice that the site is still up for people to download from.  I personally recommend "Doomed on Dune" which was a mixture of Leto's Death from the Toto score and level music from either Doom or Doom II.  The two compliment eachother nicely to create a very moody piece in spite of the percussion.  That and the Dark Forces remix, which is just a fun and upbeat piece, are the two of his I'd say I listen to the most.

I'll definately have to check out the Crete theme, though, as I recall liking the original when I played Fate of Atlantis.

--Bashar