Post-preview-movie thoughts

Shiroko

HOLY CRAP! Thats what I say! The movie is sick! I can't wait for the game! It looks awsome! I think the best part of the movie is the scene were two armies are attacking eachother on a white ground (what do you suppose that is?). You see infantry swarming in and tanks shooting at eachother and planes flying WOW!

One thing I noticed from the screens at this place http://taiwan.cnet.com/gamecenter/News/20001013/20001013027b.html is that there are a lot of vairety of infantry. Here is what I think they might be on the side bar:

First Row> 1) Some Spy unit 2) Chemical warrior (has a spray gun) 3) Trooper

Second Row> 1) Engineer 2) Mortar 3) ???

Third Row> 1) some elite gunner 2) some elite chemical warrior

Wow this game is going to kick ass. I hope we can find out some more info. on it soon!

I've died and gone to the alam al mythal.

That was incredible! I can't wait until its been out for a couple years so i can afford it. Maybe ww will be nice to there loyal dune fans and use us as a publicity ploy and send us all advance copies:)

Did you see that in the screen shot there are at lesat 8 different infantry? And was it just me or did the Atreides barracks lift off the ground and move? Maybe it was just it starting to blow up and then a carry-all, but it sure looked like that.

I really hope ww doesn't screw this up as much as Herbert and Anderson screwed up the novels.

What would be interesting to know is the computer they used to record the movie.

Ground control is a very good game, but you only get to play with a rather limited number of units... and still, the game crawls on most computers when the combat is engaged.