Game.exe crash

ligluryjr

those alterations could very well be the cause, but first, are you runing XP? if you are you could try changing your compatability with emperor. if you have a desktop icon, right click, go to properties, then go to compatability tab, try runing it on windows 98. 

good luck, hope this helps at least some.  Erjin will probably be in here to give you every possibility of a problem and how to fix it if this doesnt work.

Yes it is TibEd.

You have somehow corrupted one of the Incidental units required for campaign play, that will be why it plays in skirmish mode but not campaign mode.

TibEd does not edit EBFD very well, that is why no EBFD Modder uses it, we all manually edit the Rules and Artini text files.

Hey ! I have been extreamly busy lately, sorry for the late reply.

Although JulesDude has already worked it out, I would have asked if it worked before the fiddling, and also asked you to undo the changes, as that is the most obvious thing to check for.

But like JulesDude says, its a unit used in campain, not skirmish.

• 3 months later...

I just installed Emperor again after a couple years of not playing it. I love this game and I have been craving a good Dune experience for a little while now and I figure that Emperor will fit the bill.

The problem is I am occasionally getting the game.exe crash that is mentioned in this thread.

My DXDIAG info is:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/14/2005, 18:49:23

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.               

System Model: Dimension 8400             

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 246MB used, 2211MB available

Windows Dir: C:WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

VIDEO CARD:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (with the latest drivers)

SOUND CARD:

Description: Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit

If you have any ideas on how I can correct this problem, I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW, I have tried playing it using both the "compatibility with Win98" being turned on and off, as was suggested earlier in this thread. It doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Actually it happens randomly during the game. I can load a level just fine and play for anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour but then just randomly (well, what I perceive as being randomly. It doesn't seem to be happening at a specific interval of time and I can't tell that anything specific is happening in the game that could be causing the crash) it will give me the game.exe crash.

Now, I do have Norton and I am going to try and disable it and see what happens. I will post the results of my tests without Norton running later.

Any other advise that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I will try to uninstall it and see what happens.

I don't have any problems with any other games (I play Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Doom 3, Command & Conquer Generals, and Star Wars Battlefront regularly). That's why I was suprised that I actually had CTD problems on Emperor. :(

Assuming that uninstalling Norton doesn't correct the problem, do you have any other ideas of what might be causing my problem? I suppose that I could try to reinstall Emperor but I only just installed it 2 days ago.

If you have all the latest drivers, then I would maybe shoot in the dark a bit and recommend the drivers from www.Omegacorner.com which work on ATI and Nvidia cards. They have for some people corrected graphics issues.

I guess its a graphics issue. It may be anything, maybe sound, unless we have something to go on.

I haven't uninstalled Norton yet but instead turned my screen refresh rate down to 60 instead of 75. I don't know if it really did anything but I can say that I played a game for over an hour and it didn't crash on me.

My next test is going to be to turn it back to 75 and see what happens.