Argument for the Existence of God

there are very few similarities between the bhagavad gita and the old testament. I guess if you compare all hindu texts to the old testament, the bhagavad gita is most similar because it was the first written holy book, but that is about it.

Let's try this... It's not complete, it's not perfect, but it's some kind of way to resume it.

Matrix or not, I am. What is the definition of "I am"? I do not need to classify it for it to be, understanding about things would not be understanging things in themselves anyway. Is it an illusion from a smokescreen? This brings back to a "Matrix"; circular. Or said otherwise, defining rationality by rationality is going no where.

Thus faith. What is faith? Well... as you "believe that" your girlfriend loves you, so it goes with God. It is thus a stance, an all-encompassing stance (englobing everything) of the Being (soul).

One could bring forth Saint Augustine (where this specific path for a resolution, and no time after a movie innocently bringing an element: A Beautiful Mind). Whattever if we are dreaming reality or not since we are anyway; it is as relevant as wether we intend to kill someone in reality or intend to kill him while thinking it is reality, as we are the same and intentions coming from our being are the same. One could also bring forth many others, including al-Ghazali* for his defense of the relation to essence instead of about essence.

Let's just try something (from the parcelar knowledge that I have of Tao and other things, thus with limits and potential errors):

Two things. One: Is faith rational? Two: Is reason faithful? Three: Live (the (theological) tao).

Feel free to bring comments about this and enlighten me :)

* He's an Arab theologian who would kill me in my dreams if I said he was a philosopher. He is a pilar of Sufism, defending mysticism against the group called "philosophers" by the use of philosophy which was their tool to apprehend the world around them. These philosophers, from what I remember, were coming from strong Aristotle roots (but also Plato). Books traffic seems to have long lasting secondary effects :P

Augustine had that problem with the world as well. But, be it an illusion or not, there is always something our inner reality perceives out of itself. So we have at least one subject and two reactions (perception, doubt). It is enough to find our totalitarian God, which is the essence. Some would say that act is different of reality (altough ie in slovak language, world for reality is "skutocnost" is derived from that for act, dh "skutok; also many medieval philosophers used "actuality" instead of "reality", what stopped renaissance in sake of popularization...) like "to be" does not actually mean that its actor is already a "being". Absurdity of such idea was already proven by many since stoics, through Aquinus to Kant - yet not talking about its practical uselessness.

Also this: if we skepticize it, then we take faith as our only relation to the "outer world". This is somehow a weird form of solipsism, we think that illusionary world around is dependant on our perception. Well, we would have to vanish when we understand this. And Buddha survived this...

there are very few similarities between the bhagavad gita and the old testament. I guess if you compare all hindu texts to the old testament, the bhagavad gita is most similar because it was the first written holy book, but that is about it.

Mostly because BG is much smaller. But how are jewish God and Krshna presented there, is very similar. Even virtues of both teachings are very similar. And it was not first, as it is in already third part of Vedes.

sorry, I need to be more freaking precise.  my fault

The bhagavad gita isnt the first holy book ever written, it is the first hindu holy book ever made for print. It was the first vedic religious text written.

yeah it was older, but it was originally passed down orally. Most of the Vedic epics were orally passed down within the Brahmins. The BG was the first totally written hindu holy book. Before the BG, it was looked upon as an attack on the Brahmin class to actually write the original vedic texts, because holy epics were looked upon as a thing only to be studied by the priestly class. Writing them down would have destroyed that monopoly of sorts.