special in-game units

Guest jcross

Guest jcross

hi, would anyone be so nice to give me (and all the other people who want the special units but couldn`t pre-order) to give me the special code printed on the card given you by your authorized retailer? You need an serial number for it to unlock, and I really want the units! Please???? (if you don`t want to do it, explain me why, pls.)

J

Guest Cheatah

Actually, you can even use them in the campaign if you set the holdback value to "false" in the rules.txt file, but this only works for the 3 Air defense platforms, I haven't tried it for any other unit/building (although i found entries for a "scavenger" for all houses and the large windtrap)

Cheatah

Guest Albatross

Yeah, that annoys me. It seems the AI is allowed to build them, but we are not. The units are even IN THE MANUAL, they are just disabled for human use. Lame.

Guest Albatross

I've seen the Harkonnen ADP quite a few times. Never seen the Anti-Air mine, but then again, I always PLAY Ordos.

If that anti-air drone is the Atreides special unit, then it's my computer's personal CRACK. Those damn things end up everywhere. I don't DARE build any Advanced Carryalls, and I grow weary of using AA-troop filled APC's to guard my Spice fields (the worms always attack me, duh, even though the computer will spread shit out all over the sands).

I didnt pre-order the game, but I did get a Swedish EA newletter about to pre-order E-BFD and in it it said that the once that had pre-orderd the game would have the 3 special units when they got the game, now comes the important part it also stated that the special units would be made available for everyone after 1 moth!