The Last Atredies vs Ordos Mission - HELP!

kingzeus

I'm playing Atredies and am on the Ordos homeworld. It is freaking impossible. The computer sends wave after wave at me and I manage to destroy them when I stay in my base. I made it right up to the door of the enemy base using Minators(spelling) and Mongooses plus some mirages courtesy of the IX projectors. But, by the time I got up to the front my real units were dieing off and my projections were too. There are gun turretts everywhere. WTF am I supposed to do?

Try this:

Have 3 or 4 Rocket Turrets guarding the entrance to your base and have 4 Minotaurus on Support for Kobras...

You can fly 6 Ornithopters to remove laser tanks before they reach the base (Hark GunShips are better tho :()

Build 10 Minotaurus (A Little Brute force) to move towards the base... Use The Starport Exclusively Its cheaper on a low imcome map like that... GL

I have no problem defending. Attacking is the problem. I had 10 mins plus a bunch of other stuff and it all ended up getting wasted by the constant wave of units. Everytime I check the starport the units are not cheaper :(. Thanks for your help.

Use infiltrators to open a gap in their defenses (yes it takes awhile but well worth it) then send in about 8 to some deserted corner of their base and have them sit there. Then use them one at a time to destroy their conyard. After that's done, try to get his starport and factory. If you can't, just swarm his defenses with everything you have and keep in mind that what you destroy cant be replaced.

Guest Draken

If u have Fremen use them.. Also Sardukar is great..

For defence use a Sonic Tank and a rapair unit.. A single ST can defend against any non air unit..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sardinekar

ROFL! This mission is so easy, it only takes 5-10 mins. Train 10-12 fedaykin, then sneak into his base throught the ungaurded west

entrance. Find the Great Hall building (its just north of the conyard) and fire once with all the fadaykin (it has piss poor health)

Mission Complete.

I did that mission the other day, it was quite hard. I just used Minotaurises to defend and attack. After a couple of big Mino attacks, I got into his base :). (Of course, I did the campaign on easy (it was the first time I played the game.))

BTW Destroying the palace where the Executrix stays doesn't win the mission for you, does it? You still have to destroy the rest of the Ordos base.

Now listen here...

I don't ever play for Ateides, but a friend of mine was playing the mission the other day. ALthough in the story Ordos spies escape the Great Hall, because Ordos cannot be destroyed (For the Add-on pack, and because Ordos are the best), The mission was realitively easy. All he didi was throw tons of minotaurus at the Ordos computer. Although he lost a force of 15 Minos to the Ordos superior strategy, in the end he broke through the defenses and headed for the great hall.

BTW: You have gotto destroy everything , the palace, great hall, everything

For defences he just kept a whole lot of Minos, afterall, its only a computer.