Depression?

orlok

Ok gonna prob wish id not started this thread but...

Im re starting a depression and anxiety website.

Until a year ago I had 4000 members and was featured on BBC's Panorama (a kind of 60 minutes to those cousins in the states).

Anyway, most of my clientel were stolen away from me when i ran out of cash to run the site, but i wont delve into that.

The site is at..

www.paxil.co.uk

Although it says it primarially deals with a specific anti depressant we are hoping (and indeed have funding) to make it into a genreal "angst" site, where people who dont feel they fit into the "norm" can come and get things of their chests.

I would apprciate it if any of you would spend a few mins and have a look at the site, if its your kind of thing.

I have 3 months to get it up to speed for the sponsors, so any posts would be appreciated.

Or even if your just a nosey bugger come and read my old diary there.

I hope this post isnt out of place here.

Rgds

yours loonily

OrLoK

wow, it looks like this site could do a lot of good. I like many others have faced depression, and tried taking medicine for it but it just was not the right thing for me and I stopped. What helped after that was talking to people who had the same problems, or to my family. I think that this site would allow people to really get their feelings out in a more comfortable environment than is the norm for these kinds of things. In fact since it is online people might be able to open up more than normal, since they dont have t o face others in person. good site!

Ta, Tma

remember 1 in 4 folk are affected with "mental health" issues.

Not a good terminoligy, as it has a stigma attached, but tis still true.

As Long as one can chat about it, in a constructive sense i think that can help.

And for some thats all that is needed. Others need guidence, or meds or other types of assistance.

Me site is there to chat and angst about all that kinda stuff.

And to let people know they are not alone in feeling that way.

Thanks fer the feedback, as always any comments criticisms are welcomed :)

rgds LoK