The shattering

Terror

Ok, reading the topic you probably understand that this is about the 5th and 6th dune book. Both books are about the Scattering and the Honored Matres. But what I never read in any of the books was... when did this whole scattering happen? And why? I know nothing about that. Can anyone answer me that?

The Scattering (not the Shattering.  ;)) occurred after the death of Leto II, and was essentially the culmination of the God Emperor's Golden Path.

You see, after He died, the peole of the Imperium realized that they were free from His tyranny, and were able to 'scatter' throughout the universe again, to explore and flourish, rather than remain stagnant in their own, familiar universe.  Many people, such as those who would eventually become the Honoured Matres, left behind the Old Empire completely.

Thanks you! :) . Because I didn't fully understand. I imagined that there were two parties really. Like... the old empire and the empire from the scattering. What i do wonder about though is, the universe was always set around Dune because of the spice. Was spice no longer that important after the death of Leto II?

Also, the so called no ships. When did that whole thing happen. In the 5th book you read about a Harkonnen no chamber so it is already a technology as old as at least Pauls time. Now these no ships. They just appeared out of nowhere? They were not mentioned in GEoD and when he dies, suddenly everyone scatters around in these no ships. Didn't they belong to someone? And how come all those different factions could scatter that way?

Also more details on stuff like, why are tleilaxu both in the known imperium around Dune (together with Bene Gesserit etc.) and why didn't those Reverand Mothers that scatter never report back. I mean. Isn't the Bene Gesserit a very loyal system where in the end every member eventually comes back to. I thought it was an organ that could span from one end of the galaxy to another yet still be in constant contact with each other and thus be somewhat.. centralized..

If you can answer at least some of these questions. That would just be great.

Thanks you! :) . Because I didn't fully understand. I imagined that there were two parties really. Like... the old empire and the empire from the scattering. What i do wonder about though is, the universe was always set around Dune because of the spice. Was spice no longer that important after the death of Leto II?

Also, the so called no ships. When did that whole thing happen. In the 5th book you read about a Harkonnen no chamber so it is already a technology as old as at least Pauls time. Now these no ships. They just appeared out of nowhere? They were not mentioned in GEoD and when he dies, suddenly everyone scatters around in these no ships. Didn't they belong to someone? And how come all those different factions could scatter that way?

Also more details on stuff like, why are tleilaxu both in the known imperium around Dune (together with Bene Gesserit etc.) and why didn't those Reverand Mothers that scatter never report back. I mean. Isn't the Bene Gesserit a very loyal system where in the end every member eventually comes back to. I thought it was an organ that could span from one end of the galaxy to another yet still be in constant contact with each other and thus be somewhat.. centralized..

If you can answer at least some of these questions. That would just be great.

I really dont want to answer the first one since it is a spoiler for the prequal HOUSE books, have a read of them. As to the final one. Knowone knows why no Bene Gesserit returned from teh scattering. There were suggestion in the final two Dune books that they became the Honored matres. However there are suttle hint in the final two books that gets you question that fact (when quizzing a captured Bene Gesserit they were probing abt here abilities) If the Honored matres were from Bene Gesserit roots they would know the Bene Gesserit abilities