Baron harkonnen sexuality

tleilaxu_spy

As to making him homosexual to make him appear evil, well thats just nonsense. and if you do believ homosexuality is evil i suggest you get out more often. (And no, I'm not, i just believe in live and let live).

Sorry i just think bigotry is something to stamp out as we'd all be

good grief, did i say that paedophillia is not wrong or against any moral values?

No, i was merely pointing towards some of the previous posts which do have an anti gay slant.

Me clever?

I don't see myslef saying or inferring this.

I gave my opinions, without directing my thoughts toward any particular person as we all have our own beliefs.

Homosexuality is neither disgusting or incorrect, it's a life choice.

Its not my life choice, but i have many associates who choose to follow that path.

And you cannot put homosexulaity into the same bracket as paedophillia.

as you wrote :

quote :

I cant stand people who fancy themselves "clever" with their "live and let live" philosophy and then parade around as if they are so open-minded because they simply have  no  real opinion about anything.  Complete rubbish.

unquote:

No real opinion? twaddle.

live and let live? whats wrong with that, as long as it doesn't harm any one.

As to starting a crusade, did i call up brothers in arms? rediculous.

I'm sorry but I sometimes like to sate my mind.

If Gob has a problem with my post then im happy for him to remove or edit it / but i do not believe i said anything out of context within the confines of this thread.

Im suprised at you gunwounds.

Anyway you have had your say and i have had my rant in response.

We should leave this thread to go back to the origional topic.

rgds

OrLoK

""disgusting" is a good enough word"

In the transitive sense, yes.

I think there must have been a certain element of glee at disgusting - or at least shocking/ making uncomfortable - the imperial structure of the time. Duncan provides an interesting test subject: as Dante says, a product of the imeprial era placed in foreign circumstances; I think this supports the view that homosexuality was frowned upon in the imperial age, but that by the time Leto II's death, the old prejudices were considered something of an oddity. Duncan is a particularly good example, incidentally, of the... opposite extreme; recall numerous comments made by Jessica in the first book to that effect.

Yah I meant Duncan was disguested by it. My wording wasnt very well.

Didn't mean you.

I think we can all agree that molesting little boys is wrong.... and the homosexual/pedophilia doesnt have to be necessarily "evil" in and of itself for FH to use it to demonize the Baron.... "disgusting" is a good enough word ... as Duncan and Leto were obvious disgusted by the fishead's homosexual behaviour.

So even FH portrays homosexuality/pedophilia in a disgusting manner...by having "positively aligned" characters show disgust.

*Notices something* Fisheads? Heh heh heh heh... :P

well actually Leto II and Moneo didnt exactly "like" lesbian relationships in the fish speaker army. It was simply that it is a reality. They figured that if it works and keeps the moral of the troops at a desired level, than it is okay. They said though that it was just a sort of passing fancy that is natural, but by no means do they say that long term relationships are good. In fact there is a quote from GEOD where Moneo tries to calm duncan down and says basically "Why are you so violently opposed to the idea? it is common practice in any military, and has been for ages."  See Leto II and Moneo, people like them see it like the ancient greeks and romans saw it. Something that soldiers do, but not something necissary normal. In fact most fish speakers were married, so the relationships were more of a net of security while away from family.

It doesnt demonize homosexuality though. Not by any means. Dont get me wrong I am against the practice, but that doesnt mean I will transpose my opinions onto the book, when I know it wouldnt be true to the book if I did so.